This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
12:12 TORQ in your SLEEP Enduro
http://gorrick.com/racing/enduro12/index.php

I am intruiged by this as its not 2394873289 miles away like the Plymouth one. I think 3 man teams or something is the way forward for a 12 hour?
Seems interesting, are you entering?

For the FIRST time, Ive just googled the route from my town to the B24/12 - and its a 5hr drive.
Yes and due to the incompetence on our roads you can probably add some to that!

Yer I think I might enter it, could be a laugh
"Breezer" Wrote:http://gorrick.com/racing/enduro12/index.php

I am intruiged by this as its not 2394873289 miles away like the Plymouth one. I think 3 man teams or something is the way forward for a 12 hour?

Looks interesting.

For a motorsport fan breezer you really are anti driving, plymouth is about 4 hrs ive driven it about a billion times.
Competing on the track/airfield or thrashing on track days is nothing like driving on our speed restricted farce of a road network with incompetent drivers everywhere Sad

262 miles according to Google for me which would be 65.5mph average if I did it in 4 hours with no stops which would be impossible even if doing a steady 80 once finally on the motorways
"Breezer" Wrote:Competing on the track/airfield or thrashing on track days is nothing like driving on our speed restricted farce of a road network with incompetent drivers everywhere Sad

262 miles according to Google for me which would be 65.5mph average if I did it in 4 hours with no stops which would be impossible even if doing a steady 80 once finally on the motorways

Id rather run the risk of battling with the farce of a road network or encounting these incompetent drivers than limit where i go, theres to much out there to enjoy than to worry about that. Drive at night or late evening, one early christmas morning i made it to cornwall in 3 1/2 hours.
Do you go the more direct route or stay fast on the M4/M5?

Longer distance, but at least you can be going at a good speed.
I have no issue with driving long distances if I really want to but I am not doing a 500 mile round trip with the subsequent fuel costs to ride my bike when I can have just as much fun riding in the forest 1 minute from my house or driving to the south downs etc. I am thinking of this Gorrick event to get back on topic as ~90 miles each way is acceptable. I have trouble justifying doing "a ride" where it takes longer for the driving part than the riding bit, seems kinda silly to me
If the Bontrager event was a small affair, then it would seem a bit overkill to drive such distances...

However, the Twentyfour12 is deemed in the top 3 of the UK enduro events (for both elite and amatuer level)

Im more than willing to drive the distance for such an event, we'll be there for 4 (maybe 5) days so I think its worth it.

Over 1000 people will be there, and of course, a huge contingent of the Sketchy massive are going too, so its a win-win in many levels.

Does that mean you would never drive to say, Afan? as we know, Russ/Mark etc have done an almost implausible drive up to there for a very short days riding - but clearly worth it.

If the trip is worth it, Im more than happy with driving.
Knowing the 24/12 is on one of the first weeks of the Summer Hol's & the crap roads to get there from the M4 I would expect closer top a 6hr drive. I'm undecided whether to drive straight back after or wait around & make it an early eve drive home. Either way I'm back to work on the Monday.