This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morning All

As 2015 is upon us what resolutions/plans/pipe dreams have people got lined up and how well did you do with this years?

I set out the year to ride as much as possible, enter several events, go out on more group rides and visit a few new riding spots now that I'm driving. It turns out life had some different plans for me which took the wind out my sails for a while but things are coming together nicely for me now with new home and fresh start. I had a nice road trip camper holiday in France with some friends and took my son for week camping there too which was great. I've even been out on the bike which I haven't had any motivation to do for ages now so things are looking up Big Grin

So my plan for 2015 is to get myself back riding consistently again and pick where the plans for this year were so rudely interrupted lol I'm learning a language which is interesting and looking forward the adventures that lay ahead Smile
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Nice one C, good to hear you're back on / in the game, that language are you learning? This year I'll be continuing to struggle to learn German and hope to keep my fitness to some sort of acceptable level as I fluctuate dependent on weather and cake supplies.
Keep it foolish...
stayhigh65 Wrote:Morning All

As 2015 is upon us what resolutions/plans/pipe dreams have people got lined up and how well did you do with this years?

I set out the year to ride as much as possible, enter several events, go out on more group rides and visit a few new riding spots now that I'm driving. It turns out life had some different plans for me which took the wind out my sails for a while but things are coming together nicely for me now with new home and fresh start. I had a nice road trip camper holiday in France with some friends and took my son for week camping there too which was great. I've even been out on the bike which I haven't had any motivation to do for ages now so things are looking up Big Grin

So my plan for 2015 is to get myself back riding consistently again and pick where the plans for this year were so rudely interrupted lol I'm learning a language which is interesting and looking forward the adventures that lay ahead Smile

That's the spirit - onwards and upwards!

For my part I kept up with my fitness targets although because of a couple of events this was more on the roadie than the proper bikes. And I'm running a fair bit too due to time constraints. So my aim would be a more even spread between road, Mtb and running with a similar overall amount of activity as 2014

Other than that it'd be nice to have a bit more free time to join some group rides. We'll see how that works out
I don't agree with setting new year resolutions as i rarely stick to them, then get to this time of year and mull over all my failings. However this time i actually managed to achieve one goal that was in my head last year and actually lost some weight and feel massively fitter than the last couple of years, although the cold weather seems to be playing havock with my exercise induced asthema at the moment so felt crap on the last few rides Sad Apart from that it's the usual mulling over my usual failings...
I've started learning greek which given my craptitude for french is a little ambitious although I'm reliably informed my accent is good Smile

My recent rides have mainly been in road due to a unwillingness to have to clean the bike afterwards but will back to the swamp once I'm a little fitter lol

I tried running but it was murder for my knees so took up swimming instead. I was going a couple of times a week but that fell off in august so will see about getting back to that.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been