This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4ZA Cirrus 700C wheels
Got a pair of these 4ZA Cirrus 700C wheels from Merlin about 4 weeks back for my Boardman Team Carbon. I wanted to shed some grams as bike + pedals was about 9Kg which is heavy for a carbon roadie.
Also ordered 2 Vitorria Rubino Pro tyres, Ultralight tubes & cassette removal tools, all came in about £220 & arrived next day.

Wheels were perfect from the box, front hub is super silent & runs freely, rear cassette sounds suitably 'Campag' and picks up really well to pedal input. In use the wheels are stiff for putting power down and more comfortable than the stock cheap Mavic rims & unknown hubs. Stock wheels including tyres, tubes & QR's are 2.99Kg, these are 2.23Kg complete.

They've knocked off 760g or 1.5lb which is great for £200, bike's now 8.3Kg all up and I've really noticed the difference. Bike feels a lighter when picking it up, and on the road the steering's way snappier when changing direction, avoiding pot holes n stuff. I can't say if it climbs better or is any quicker over a given distance, as my health / fitness has been all over the place lately. I've only covered 70 miles since install but handling has improved quite a bit & they look much better than stock. The tyres have been great on the wet n soggy roads of late too, a proper bargain at £25/pair (bogof).

All in all for a fairly small outlay it's made a good impact on the bike, so I'll turn my attention to swapping the other bits as & when they need it or I find decent 105/Ultegra kit to swap over.
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn)