This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A scare a day
They say a scare a day is good for you.. does that include horses as that mother sure looked scared when we rounded the corner at 25mph.. oh, & so did those walkers 5 miles later.  :o  
Good to keep them on their toes eh.. And the horses on their shoes obviously.

It's young chavies/chavettes on cycle lanes that I like... Man they scare easy!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Good to keep them on their toes eh.. And the horses on their shoes obviously.

It's young chavies/chavettes on cycle lanes that I like... Man they scare easy!
Coming home from Surrey on Sunday i had to get off the train at Canterbury instead of Whitstable due to bloody engineering works, so pounded my way home on the Crab and Winkle with my ipod on in a bad mood because all i wanted to do was sleep. Must have given at least half a dozen walkers and people on rented bikes who probably haven't ridden for years heart attacks as i sped past without slowing and back peddling furiously, as the deaf tw@ts refused to get out of the bloody way! It is simply not possible that they couldn't hear me coming, my freewheel sounds like a gatling gun!  

Sorry that was almost a rant, but still vaigly on topic though Wink

[mod] Language Andy [/mod]
"Treehugger" Wrote:Coming home from Surrey on Sunday i had to get off the train at Canterbury instead of Whitstable due to bloody engineering works, so pounded my way home on the Crab and Winkle with my ipod on in a bad mood because all i wanted to do was sleep. Must have given at least half a dozen walkers and people on rented bikes who probably haven't ridden for years heart attacks as i sped past without slowing and back peddling furiously, as the deaf twats refused to get out of the bloody way! It is simply not possible that they couldn't hear me coming, my freewheel sounds like a gatling gun!  

Sorry that was almost a rant, but still vaigly on topic though Wink

I agree it is damn irritating! But why oh why pedestrians cant walk on the footpaths and not the cycle paths is beyond me!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Don't get me started on selfish pedestrians... going to fit a VERY LOUD horn to my bike in an attempt to make riding the cycle paths of Ashford vaguely bearable... maybe some red and blue flashing lights would also help.... >Sad
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Don't get me started on selfish pedestrians... going to fit a VERY LOUD horn to my bike in an attempt to make riding the cycle paths of Ashford vaguely bearable... maybe some red and blue flashing lights would also help.... >Sad

agreed they walk on the footpaths and on the cycle paths and then when you burst past on the odd occasion you are met with abuse  >Sad
I get it all the time around here - the cycle lane on the promenade is IMHO the wrong place on the seafront. Lots of people walk in it, which is fine, BUT....

When I do the courtious thing and I move over to go around them, them Im out of the lane, and get the Tuts, comments and indeed abuse.

Next time, I will run them AND their little dog over as they're in my lane.

(possibly a rant thread appearing......)
My friend used to clip people with his bar ends if they were on the cycle path and I always dramatically lockup the rear wheel when right buy them
"Breezer" Wrote:My friend used to clip people with his bar ends if they were on the cycle path and I always dramatically lockup the rear wheel when right buy them
Big Grin i knew a guy who fixed an air horn to his bike ... feck me did that make them jump Big Grin
Mrs MudMonkey as a really loud electronic siren thingy that I may use for local cycle path rides and the L2B 8) /  ??)