This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I a big gayer if....
I protect my swing arm(s) with chainstay protectors? (the neoprene/velcro type ones)

On the non drive side, the swing arm and the lower (opposite of chainstay?) arm have scratches on - came like it, cant do anything about it.

Being matt black, copter tape will make it look a bit stupid.

My plan is to put 4 protectors on the whole rear framework of the bike - plain jet black, so will blend in.

That way, scratches are hidden, frames protected.

Will I be hounded by Watchdog or Roger Cook for crimes against cycling? Will I be ejected from the 24/12 for being really gay with my bike?

Im already in the thin lycra line of justice for daring to cycle on some concrete the other week......

The pressure's too much........

resim
Four? Think of the weight! Plus, bit overkill for road riding lol

but the bikes black, do what you want, its your frame, they wont be that noticable although maybe clear copter tape stuff would be better as it would be pratically invisible.
"Breezer" Wrote:Four? Think of the weight! Plus, bit overkill for road riding lol

but the bikes black, do what you want, its your frame, they wont be that noticable although maybe clear copter tape stuff would be better as it would be pratically invisible.

The copter tape is gloss, the rear of the bike is matt, plus the non drive side as some scratching on those areas, so makes sense to 1 : Hide it and 2 : Protect it more.

The current black neoprene chain stay hardly notices, so will repeat on the other 3 tubes.
I use this sort of stuff

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Model...elID=27987
I bought that too, its currently on the base of my downtube.

Its a bit "marbled" but its on black, so will show all inconsistencys up..

No-one can see that part, so I can live with it.
Buy them and fit them...

...then we'll all call you a gayer!

Lol i've never seen anyone so picky about a frame, but don't see why you wouldn't fit 4 protectors if it makes you happy
I bought different but similiar and you can barely see it unless you look close and if you do it up the entire seat/chain stays it will be almost invisible

Fellow roadies are going to take the mick out of you anyway for the barends and suspension when you ride with them so a bit of 99.4% invisible tape wont make much difference lol
I think because the frame is black, it marks REALLY easily - and all being new to me, I want to ensure it remains respectable.

Considering the hammering a bike takes around BBH with the clay/stone/mud mixture there, Im more than happy to protect certain areas of the bike.

Give it a few months and my protective nature will pass no doubt after the first few dings and scrapes.
My roadie friends have already asked by I wear baggies and carry a camelbak...

When a roadie member asked if I wanted to join his Peleton, I punched him in the face, pervert.

For some reason Im always last, something to do with my Maxxis High Rollers at 30psi on the road and all my new friends riding those funny racer bikes!  Wink
No marks at all on the Inbred in over a year using just my clear tape except where it had chainsuck and my velcro protector (just the one!) wasnt long enough to cover that bit

I went OTT with my old Azonic as I bought it new despite it only being £400 (reduced from a grand as old model) but when I got the Turner I didnt bother as it was already 2nd hand and being silverish, it was almost impossible to see the marks anyway