This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Else Fancy Entering With Me?
ok i didnt want to interupt the talk of how far people have got on a single biscuit (rode up the alps on a tesco value bourbon if you must know) but as i said there im now free for the race

anyone fancy entering but couldnt get into a team/has changed there mind and wanted to ride? i will have money to enter at the end of this month, but will require to scrounge a lift off one of my fellow team mates  :Smile i will be willing to pay for petrol though !, i wont be looking to enter as a win or nothing person

so anyone out there in the vast space of 40 members fancy it?
Steve, not saying for sure but you may need to find out about ages limits.. Endurance races fall under the "British Cycling Federation" & as such there is a minimum age of 18... It would be worth a email to the organisers to double check before you get too excited... unfortunately we're come across this problem before trying to enter one of our talented younger regulars in both the Mountain Mayhem & D2D.. Good luck & let us know the outcome.. Even as a members of the "BCF" he still wasnt allowed to enter.
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:Steve, not saying for sure but you may need to find out about ages limits.. Endurance races fall under the "British Cycling Federation" & as such there is a minimum age of 18... It would be worth a email to the organisers to double check before you get too excited... unfortunately we're come across this problem before trying to enter one of our talented younger regulars in both the Mountain Mayhem & D2D.. Good luck & let us know the outcome.. Even as a members of the "BCF" he still wasnt allowed to enter.

the just for fun categories and open seem to have the age limit of 16, well atleast i hope !
Thats a good point...

If you are allowed to enter then it is not unlikely that someone out of the however many that have entered will drop out, in fact i'd bet someone will have to pull out so you may well get a go yet.
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Thats a good point...

If you are allowed to enter then it is not unlikely that someone out of the however many that have entered will drop out, in fact i'd bet someone will have to pull out so you may well get a go yet.
yeh i suppose.

im more then open to be a reserve then, of course if people are in the line before me as reserves fill them first

would be nice to go even as i end up going as a support guy, you know for motivation and all your tea making needs  Wink
Well spotted.. I'm sure there will be others who want to join a bigger Team so get looking & the sooner the better. Spaces wont be around forever. Its a bugger, cause I know two who would jump at the chance but their both away that week.
Steve,
Just been on the 24/12 site & the age limit on the open category is deffinately 18+.
The just for fun cat is 16+.
Assuming that the Sketchy teams have all entered the Open cat, your best hope for a ride is an unofficial fill in lap.
Unless of course you can raise a 16+ team & enter the just for fun cat.  There's still space.
&quot;Tinc&quot; Wrote:Steve,
Just been on the 24/12 site & the age limit on the open category is deffinately 18+.
The just for fun cat is 16+.
Assuming that the Sketchy teams have all entered the Open cat, your best hope for a ride is an unofficial fill in lap.
Unless of course you can raise a 16+ team & enter the just for fun cat.  There's still space.

Looking at the photos of 08 event, everyone gets a race number, so Steve would need to "borrow" someone elses if he was to unofficially ride.

Also, Just for Fun needs a min of 6 riders - so that now makes it harder to make a team up.

Where does it state the 24hr OPEN Male min age? - Because the 12hr Open is a min age of 16+ (bingo!)

Solos and Pairs state 18+ but the others dont or say 16+.

[EDIT : Just found the 18+ statement on the 24/12 site, but its not on the entryform site of XCRacer]
Yep both race number & a electronic tag is the usual method. I don't want to put a downer on anything or be the bearer of bad news but if for any reason a marshall or official stops & questions Steve's age for any reason that will be the end of the race for the whole team. (Sorry Steve I don't know how old you look). Bearing in mind you pass thro a timing tent full of officially & they will have your Race number & what / who else is in your team. The other problem & potentially a more serious one is if anyone underage was involved in an accident, the Team leader would be potentially & ultimately responsible if the other party choice to pursue a claim. In this day of suing people, things & organisations the risk from my point of view would be too high. Sorry Steve I don't mean to sound like a bastard but for that reason alone I would strongly urge you to considered whether the risk is worth it even doing unofficially laps. Accidents happen & people do get hurt doing enduros... do a google on how many pro riders got injured in last years Mountain Mayhem
in all fairness ill ride if one of the team needs me on the day(unofficially it seems)... if not im more than happy to stand around helping on repairs/motivation/entertaiment and just generally gettting into the spirit of it all  Smile  obviously ill be there with a camera to catch the looks of people aas they just finish their late at night stint  Wink

just seem the post above... didnt think of that, maybe ill stay in the pits then.  would be still be an experience and im sure there would always be one person not racing to chat to.