This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avon Tyrrell info
Avon Tyrrell is just on the outside of the New Forest in Dorset, about 20 minutes from Bournemouth. The website would lead to believe it has several purpose built cycle trails with Red and Black graded runs and and that these are super technical. The website also says it is £2. Some nice pictures there too and the site is a Youth Centre, so no doubt they do their bit for charity.

In reality it starts off OK as you leave the house, but it was so muddy it made sections unrideable, there is a bit of "north shore" but the pile of mud before it is so deep and worn down you can't get on it. Some of it is OK but mostly you will find yourself getting on and off the bike to negotiate obstacles that really just break up the flow.

The red and black runs are not red or black, nor are they technical, they are just shit. They last about 30 seconds and i have had more fun having my appendix out. The whole thing is tiny and i would argue somewhat pointless. because it is so small you can never escape the screaming of the children elsewhere on the site either. So it isn't even a peaceful jaunt in the countryside...

The real kicker, it actually costs you £3 to go round...

resim
A waste of cash...