This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Bike Tinkering Book
After 20 years of mountain biking and what with the imminent arrival of my first full suss I have decided that it is about time I learned to maintain my own bike. Im embarassed to admit that changing a tyre is almost the extent of my skills.

Im about to invest in a tool kit and workstand but would also like to get a really good book. Does anybody have any good suggestions?
I've got the Zinn book that everyone raves on about, but tbh, only flicked through a couple of times. I'm much more hi tech lately as there's always a YouTube or expertvillage movie to show me how to do something. One bookon the tips of peoples tongues is the official park tools book which looks very good.
Don't waste your money on books, the best way to get expearienced in these things is to just get stuck in. As Ben said there are you tube vids for most things and a lot of the manufacturers/distributers sites have video tutorials. And if you get stuck just ask on here or the other forum. Most of us have been doing this long enough to help you out.
The parktool XNXX website has been my faithful companion on many a Saturday evening.  Very good and clear information on there so i see no need to invest in a book myself

[MOD]Sorry couldn't resist  Tongue[/MOD]
Agreed, Parktool site has helped me many times too, i don't think there is anything they don't cover.