This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bike friendly Basel
We were in Basel for the weekend and it's a seriously bike friendly city. They have really good cycle lanes which appear well respected by drivers, there are bike parks everywhere and the central station has its own underground bike storage area with a service area and showers.

Most of the bikes had a stand but lots of the parks had designated points to attach to the top tube.

There were a lot of E bikes too, some were quite clunky looking but others were very clean looking with everything integrated.

Lots of old town bikes and some interesting fixies too

resimresimresimresimresim

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Nice, what takes you to Basel? The upcoming Sister Sledge concert? (Thanks google for that piece of useless information)
Keep it foolish...
We were over the border in Auggen for a wedding on the Saturday and then spent Sunday & Monday looking around Basel which was rather pleasant.

Auggen is a very pretty, traditional village surrounded by vineyards, hills and woods. I saw several groups of people on mtbs which suggests some nice riding in the area.

No Sister Sledge but we did see some of the Basel marathon and a drink man with a bike and a old school portable TV trying to get onto a tram :mrgreen:

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Hope you had a good trip! I don't remember that many bikes in Basel, maybe I missed them

I do remember paying about £30 for a pizza and a beer though. Oh and having fondue, which tasted like really nice cheese that someone had put some diesel in...
pittgoat Wrote:Hope you had a good trip! I don't remember that many bikes in Basel, maybe I missed them

I do remember paying about £30 for a pizza and a beer though. [b]Oh and having fondue, which tasted like really nice cheese that someone had put some diesel in...[/b

:lol: :lol:
pittgoat Wrote:Oh and having fondue, which tasted like really nice cheese that someone had put some diesel in...

Chiesel?
Keep it foolish...
alkali Wrote:
pittgoat Wrote:Oh and having fondue, which tasted like really nice cheese that someone had put some diesel in...

Chiesel?

I think I have a pair of jeans from them...