This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blean, Canterbury
All info regarding Blean in Canterbury.
It's a tad moist at the moment, who would've thought it after all that rain  Wink

It was a new experience last night, riding through 2" deep fast flowing streams that used to be trails!
To be honest, it was too slippery to really be enjoyable. Even the swamp thing was sent skating off course several times.
The penalty for sliding off a wooden bridge is also higher, with deep, raging torrents underneath rather than the usual small patch of mud to land in  Wink

Hopefully it'll drain a little over the next few days but it's not looking good so far........

Cheers,

Chris Smile
"Murv" Wrote:It's a tad moist at the moment, who would've thought it after all that rain  Wink

It was a new experience last night, riding through 2" deep fast flowing streams that used to be trails!
To be honest, it was too slippery to really be enjoyable. Even the swamp thing was sent skating off course several times.
The penalty for sliding off a wooden bridge is also higher, with deep, raging torrents underneath rather than the usual small patch of mud to land in  Wink

Hopefully it'll drain a little over the next few days but it's not looking good so far........

Cheers,

Chris Smile

Heading over there tonight ... With my rear commuting tyre ... Man this should be fun 8)
Good luck with that steve, be sure to get your GPS tracker from the woodmans hut ok Tongue
"Jay Dubster" Wrote:Good luck with that steve, be sure to get your GPS tracker from the woodmans hut ok Tongue

We'll need one with treehugger guiding Big Grin

I did the ride last week and i was bloody amazed how much grip it had ... It only really lost it in deep mud ! Only come off once on a fast wet fireroad section as well !
was there today and the going is soft with a few hub deep puddles to contend with. Need to go somewhere steeper when its this wet, i'm not big on pedalling especially when I have to pedal downhill
Blean in the local paper this week.Rough Common Parish Council discussing bikers in Stock Wood part of Blean.Thats the wood with the jumps by stream.They contacted the forest manager who said that they had tried to discourage biking but this "had proved fruitless".He then said "that no proper facilities exist in the woodlands around Canterbury  for mountain bikers and that the provision of a formal mountain bike route through the woods would be a step in the right direction".So the management of part of the wood have come around to do something or at least accept MTBiking rather than do nothing or keep trying to keep us out.Time will prove if they actually do something though.
they will have to make the carpark bigger as a formal route will attract much more people. Still, a nice new freeride track will be just the ticket! ;D
Agreed car park is too small and access road needs tarmacing right up to carpark
That sounds promising Smile  Wonder if it's worth us getting involved now that they are aware that we ride there ? Wouldn't do any harm if they've given up trying to stop us.