This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Bell Hill
All info regarding Blue Bell Hill
This is my regular haunt & I am truly spoiled!
Blue Bell Hill & the surrounding area of the North Downs has an enormous variety of terrain, which change massively dependant upon conditions.
Looking for: Fast, twisty singletrack sections or 30+mph downhill byways or technical flint strewn descents or wide fast paths through the woods or combinations of those - ride Blue Bell Hill.

Did I not mention the climbs?  Oh! the climbs!  Small, huge, epic & impossible they're all here.

All the above comes in several options dependant upon conditions ranging from hard pack & super fast right through to complete tire sucking bog.

For those that want a longer ride you can easily link Blue Bell Hill with Cobham Woods & Shorne Country Park all the way through to the outskirts of Dartford.
Has anyone got a GPS route of the best trails at BBH?
[quote="]Has anyone got a GPS route of the best trails at BBH?[/quote"]

??) The stevet1992 tour not good enough then Tongue
haha didnt log it at the time, and the first ride we never finished!!
Can anyone tell me how to link bbh with cobham/shorne? Do i have to ride across the medway bridge or is there another crossing? Possibly near the North downs?
"hugh_b" Wrote:Can anyone tell me how to link bbh with cobham/shorne? Do i have to ride across the medway bridge or is there another crossing? Possibly near the North downs?

I believe there is a cyclepath/walkway over the M2 bridge - I think the original mapping for the NDW ride took the route that way.

I would assume papasmurf may know more as this his area, but from my vague memory, thats the ideal way, via the pedestrian access on the M2 bridge.
Aylesford is the only other bridge. the m2 crossing is better though.
But it's also a slog up from the bridge.

Personally, coming from your way Hugh, I would go out via Snodland, into Aylesford and up through eccles, nice big climb either to viewpoint or up Warren Road and into singletrack from there.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Thought I'd attach directions & map from Bluebell Hill (going upwards) to the Leisure Centre.
Also easy to work out from M2 Junc 3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)