This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boardman Team FS
Wow! and Wow! I have no experience on a full susser before today but why the hell I waited this long I just dont know.
I met up with MBNut/Nigel at Surrey Hills (forget the name of the hill) and rode Barry Knows Best twice and Telegraph Hill. Once i started to get used to how to ride a FS my speed went through the roof. And best of all it climbs like a dream. arguably a better climber than my hardtail which is 4lb lighter, and this is good because I enjoy climbing nearly as much as I enjoy descending
The bike also looks stunning in the flesh. Very well made.
So first impressions are all good. I was even impressed with the staff at Bikehut. Ill stick a picture up when I find my camera.
It winds me right up that its hardly ever mentioned how much better a FS bike can be uphill. If its remotely bumpy or rooty you just get so much more traction with one.
Hell yeah, my Enduro must weigh at least 34lbs and it flies up hills off road. It's only on road and smooth fire road climbs i feel the weight.

Glad you finally got the Boardman Blackers, looking forward to the pictures.
"Blackers" Wrote:Wow! and Wow!
So first impressions are all good. I was even impressed with the staff at Bikehut. Ill stick a picture up when I find my camera.

of the bikehut staff?..
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:of the bikehut staff?..

They werent very photogenic. And my camera is knackered so no pics of the bike either.

I just weighed the bike after removing the reflectors and bell (free to anybody who needs them). It weighs in at 28.8lbs with pedals, and its a large!!
Fantastic for a bike like that... shame about no pictures... it is lovely
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
resim

If this works....a crappy camera phone pcture including toaster etc.
How is the bike going? Intruiged as my friend is still after one

Due to power cut last night I then forgot to take a photo of my rebound adjuster, will sort tonight
&quot;Breezer&quot; Wrote:How is the bike going? Intruiged as my friend is still after one

Due to power cut last night I then forgot to take a photo of my rebound adjuster, will sort tonight

So far it is fantastic. but its only done about 13 miles. The brief ride at Surrey Hills with MBNut was a superb test. It climbed really well, arguably better than my hardtail, and on the roots on Barry Knows Best it was brilliant. I have a fobia of roots at the moment but i flew over them all that day.

My aborted ride at the wekend (puncture saga) was a fair amount of climbing and again it excelled both on tracks and particularly more rocky ascents. On the descents it felt great once i remembered to let the suspension do the work.
It is a comfortable cockpit too. I have some back problems and the more upright position (i run 80mm forks on the hardtail) makes a big difference.
Finally it looks really nice. The frame seems very well put together and it has a funky profiled top tube which is pleasing on the eye.
Its light for the money too. just under 29lbs for the large with spds.
And finally there is the spec. which is amazing.
If your friend doesnt mind the fact its a boardman (i have encountered some snobbery already!) its a no brainer.

Im now desperate to get to Surrey or even Afan to put it through its paces.
Ignore bike snobs, boardman, carrera, whetever, there's always somebody to knock your pride and joy, so long as you had more fun than them then that's all that matters. Now I'm off to polish the titanium SPD axles on my Yeti, TTFN oiks...
Keep it foolish...