This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Borrowdale Bash - Mixup
Some footage of my riding around the Borrowdale Bash loop, Keswick, Cumbria. First time riding there, it was more challenging than I expected. I'd watched quite a few videos of riding on this loop and wondered why they were going so slow. Now I know.

The footage is in no particular order.If you don't like techno mute it quick. High frequency clattering noises are probably coming from my DIY camera mount, or maybe the handlebars. Rattling noise coming from rear cassette having worked its way loose from the previous ride of the same loop two days before.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CgfEGZ4uc[/youtube]
looks good dude, handlebar mounts always end up a bit shaky but still looks cool. Try reversing your mount so we can see you riding, albeit looking right up your nose.
Keep it foolish...
Thanks. Did think about pointing it toward me but its at a fixed horizontal angle so would just point at my belly (which might be better or worse - than up my nose).
Looking good James, I did the bash 2 years ago with Ben, I found it hard than expected but really rewarding, where did you start the ride?

Andy
I started at Braithwaite where I was staying, and then joined the "official" route just before it returns to Keswick. If you look at the Sketchy group on Strava then you'll see me there and can see the route I took if you look at my profile. I took some information from singletrackworld threads to cheekily minimize road riding. Definitely challenging, but well worth it. I lucked out massively with the weather Smile

Just in case anyone wonders, the mixup refers to the footage being a mix of two different days riding of the same loop, and in no particular order.
Andy, while I was checking strava I did saw you had ridden some of Whinlatter too. I was a bit disappointed with the trail center as there was a lot of closed sections of trail. All of the Altura/red/north loop was open, but... was there supposed to be a red loop on the south too, coming off of the blue trail? I think all the blue sections were closed which I guess would have allowed one to access the south red segments IIUC. Of the Quercus (blue) trail, there was only the first two sections open, plus a twisty climb, and a non-descript section that were open. The north loop was fun, lot of climbing (duh it is the Lake district)...
Yup I've done Whinlatter a few times as my Mother lives 3 miles away! The Blue route is brilliant, what a shame it was closed when you were there, I have also done the Red south loop that takes in a little of the blue section, but it's a bit hard core for me! ben loved it though.
I have yet to try the Red north loop , but am hoping for a long weekend up there at some point this summer..

Andy