This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brake lever set up.
Looking at peoples bikes there seems to be some contention on how the brakes should be set up. This is the correct set up <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://enduro-mtb.com/en/how-to-set-up-your-brake-levers-perfectly/">http://enduro-mtb.com/en/how-to-set-up- ... perfectly/</a><!-- m -->
It still amazes me how people need to be told this?!!

The amount of people you see two finger braking too! Confusedhock:
I know! I regularly see people riding with them almost virtical with wrists almost in front of the grips! And no hydrawlic brake requires two finger braking, single finger people.
I think my levers are in the right place... But can't get my head around single finger braking, been using 2 fingers since I got te bike and have experimented with 1 but it just doesn't feel right.

What's the issue with using 2 instead of 1?
jonboy1066 Wrote:I think my levers are in the right place... But can't get my head around single finger braking, been using 2 fingers since I got te bike and have experimented with 1 but it just doesn't feel right.

What's the issue with using 2 instead of 1?

my thinking It gives less grip on the bars only having two finger which two are also usual the weakest, also two fingers with modern brakes gives to much power, so one is enough, also trie not to grip the bars tight with the three fingers, lose is better. Grip of death just gives hand pump and no one likes hand pump.?
Hope this makes sense?
Makes sense... Cheers.

Just gotta train the brain to do it ...

It's like suddenly being told that I must use my left foot to brake while driving...

It'll take practice but I'll get there.
To be fair I think most of us when we first jumped on the MTB were using two fingers. It's probably natural from the years of burning around on a bike doing skids as a yoof! Smile

If you follow that useful guide you'll probably find that it will be uncomfortable to use two fingers and then you'll naturally adapt to single finger.

I swore that my set up was pretty spot on but turns out my finger when on the lever is not quite straight. I think I need to move the levers 5mm closer to the grips. Will let you know how it feels when I've given it a go!

Cheers Andy.
BennyP Wrote:To be fair I think most of us when we first jumped on the MTB were using two fingers. It's probably natural from the years of burning around on a bike doing skids as a yoof! Smile

If you follow that useful guide you'll probably find that it will be uncomfortable to use two fingers and then you'll naturally adapt to single finger.

I swore that my set up was pretty spot on but turns out my finger when on the lever is not quite straight. I think I need to move the levers 5mm closer to the grips. Will let you know how it feels when I've given it a go!

Cheers Andy.
Yeah got to move mine out toward the levers too, been too busy stripping the bike down hunting for that rattle to do it yet though!