This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buzz's professional suicide??
Russ were you working last night?  Did you guys cover the ITV sport transmission of the Everton Liverpool match (which Everton gloriously won to knock the scum out of the FA cup)?  Any idea why - just before Gosling slotted home his sweet strike - an ad came on out of nowhere and disappeared after about 30 secs??!  Guess that was the ITV editors fault but made me think of you anyway.  The whole pub went mental, but not as mental as i went when it came back on and Everton had scored  ;D

Timing was impeccable - 90 mins plus extra time of the most drab match i've seen in ages and the 30 secs they messed up was the only goal  Big Grin
Apparently the automated advert system kicked in as the game was into extra time and the system wasnt switched over to manual.

I was in the pub last night an assumed that someone behind the bar had knocked a remote or something... didnt know it was a technical fault.
It was one of our Uplink Trucks but ITV were downlinking it them selves so its got nothing to do with me! Anyhow all adverts get generated and inserted at either Sky, Arqiva or BBC via a devices called Ad inserter which as Ben said is an automatic device that detects a signal when its due to go to an ad break and it switches. Weve had one go mad here before and had to tell sky manually when to cut to Ads.

Sounds about right that someone fucked up and didnt switch it to manual.
We do alot of the premier league and champions league or whatever they are called here for Setanta, Sky and ITV.

On many occasions i have been tempted to cut it off, muahahahaha THE POWER FEEL THE POWER!!!
Russ have you ever been to the Sky centre with the wall of screens and gadgetry? - Ive got a mate that works for sky and he took me around (I had a job lined up there) and he took me into the main control room - like something out of Star-Trek!

I was pretty much spot on then with what I've heard - god bless Talksport!  Wink
Ive got a few racks of computer equipment in a C&W data centre in Park Royal London, whenever I go there, there are always a few trucks parked round the back signed up as BBC mobile TV something or others, presumably mobile broadcasting stations that go out to sports events or emergencies or something
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Russ have you ever been to the Sky centre with the wall of screens and gadgetry? - Ive got a mate that works for sky and he took me around (I had a job lined up there) and he took me into the main control room - like something out of Star-Trek!

I was pretty much spot on then with what I've heard - god bless Talksport!  Wink

Nope but id like to, speak to the guys there everyday. I imagine its like ours but 10 times the size! Did you go to the one in Osterley or down near Southampton? I would apply for a job there but its the wrong side of london for me.
"Buzz" Wrote:Nope but id like to, speak to the guys there everyday. I imagine its like ours but 10 times the size! Did you go to the one in Osterley or down near Southampton? I would apply for a job there but its the wrong side of london for me.

Yeh, the Isleworth main HQ.

I had an interview for a graphics position for someone who put the football scores/info/graphics on the prem games, at the point where Sky where going MAD with putting wierd and wonderful futuristic graphics in the air and superimposed on the pitch - they dont do it as much now.  I got the job, but my dad got ill with Cancer and I didnt want to move too far away so I actually rejected it.

My friend still works there, he works on the NFL after working on Golf and SoccerAM - when I went into the control centre I sat with the guys monitoring a live golf feed from the USA - interesting stuff, I wouldnt mind having a go myself, but (like yourself probably) you must work all sorts of hours.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:Yeh, the Isleworth main HQ.

I had an interview for a graphics position for someone who put the football scores/info/graphics on the prem games, at the point where Sky where going MAD with putting wierd and wonderful futuristic graphics in the air and superimposed on the pitch - they dont do it as much now.  I got the job, but my dad got ill with Cancer and I didnt want to move too far away so I actually rejected it.

My friend still works there, he works on the NFL after working on Golf and SoccerAM - when I went into the control centre I sat with the guys monitoring a live golf feed from the USA - interesting stuff, I wouldnt mind having a go myself, but (like yourself probably) you must work all sorts of hours.

If your mate works on the golf then he will know of us, we have done the European tour for sky for the last 6 or so years. We also do the ryder cup and stuff.

Yup the hours are truley awful, love the job but hate the working hours.
"pittgoat" Wrote:Russ were you working last night?  Did you guys cover the ITV sport transmission of the Everton Liverpool match (which Everton gloriously won to knock the scum out of the FA cup)?  Any idea why - just before Gosling slotted home his sweet strike - an ad came on out of nowhere and disappeared after about 30 secs??!  Guess that was the ITV editors fault but made me think of you anyway.  The whole pub went mental, but not as mental as i went when it came back on and Everton had scored  ;D

Timing was impeccable - 90 mins plus extra time of the most drab match i've seen in ages and the 30 secs they messed up was the only goal  Big Grin

you mean everton managed to find a mistake made by liverpool and just by sheer luck (nothing to do with skill) managed to score?

yeh you guessed im a liverpool fan Big Grin