This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carbon handlebars!!
Would you ride these?? resimresimresim I noticed this today so swapped them for some crappy aluminium bars that I had kicking around. Do you reckon that I could have smashed my pretty little face into my stem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm, not sure if I'd fancy it much tbh. Get your lbs to check it out and see what they think.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Not a chance, think I'd rather keep my teeth !!!
Yeah I think I'll avoid them and keep using the alloy ones.

Looks like they've been crushed to me, but I certainly wouldn't ride em.
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
no way
I guess they will make a good shed ornament!

Yep, look overtightened unfortunately

One weakened they could fail very easily. Save yourself the dental bill
Thanks mate

Must agree over binning them, carbon does go without warning . Heres a pick of my cranks a couple of months back, got replaced under warranty.
Highly recommend a torque wrench for tightening stem bolts most don't need to be more than 5-6nm.
resim