This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrera Vulcan
Great entry level bike and only that, forks are a big let down though but they still cope
if you are already into the sport you may want to get something a bit more sustainable Tongue

ive only got it due to fact i was being a cheap b*stard when i bought i ;D
From what i hear its a great entry level bike.  No point spending a grand on a bike if you don't even know whether you'll be riding it in 6 months time!
"pittgoat" Wrote:From what i hear its a great entry level bike.  No point spending a grand on a bike if you don't even know whether you'll be riding it in 6 months time!

o it is a great entry level bike as i said, and yeh if you are getting into the sport its great

i was just saying that if you are already into the sport would be preety pointless getting one ;D
I was going to get this as its a good budget bike that would ease me in gently to the world of biking, but then you scared me off with all this talk of the forks not very good  :o
"Alan" Wrote:I was going to get this as its a good budget bike that would ease me in gently to the world of biking, but then you scared me off with all this talk of the forks not very good  :o
Big Grin it is a great bike for the price £100 cheaper now then what i paid.  its just when the MTB bug bites it bites hard  Tongue and you start riding more and then your forks lock up  :'(
Just thought id say that having owned the bike for a little while now that I am really enjoying the bike but more importantly I am loving Mountain Biking!

The only negative I can think of is that I should of took the leap into Mountain Biking much sooner, instead of putting it off and finding other things to spend money on but nevermind I am enjoying it now  and that is all that matters
"Alan" Wrote:Just thought id say that having owned the bike for a little while now that I am really enjoying the bike but more importantly I am loving Mountain Biking!

The only negative I can think of is that I should of took the leap into Mountain Biking much sooner, instead of putting it off and finding other things to spend money on but nevermind I am enjoying it now  and that is all that matters

Alan i know how you feel, i took it up when i was 32 which was 10 years ago and i still enjoy ever ride... flipping brillant
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
&quot;Mbnut&quot; Wrote:Alan i know how you feel, i took it up when i was 32 which was 10 years ago and i still enjoy ever ride... flipping brillant
Agreed ;D  I didn't take it up till i was 28 (32 this year :o :'() and not withstanding the amount of weight i lost through it, buying the Kraken was the best decision i ever made. I now don't go more than 5 minuets without thinking if bikes and biking, it's my exercise, hobby and social life, and the reason i am skint, but who cares, i fooking love it Smile
im glad ive taken it up this early, yeh the next person age wise to me is around 5+ years away (jon i think) but you lot are still a good laugh

im just waiting for the moment when in 10 or so years when im super fit and you lot will be chasing me up the hills  Wink
hi i have just bought the carrera vulcan vr spec but put disc brakes on it  ;D