This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carrera Vulcan - New Build Up
Its Finally Done !! Forks arrived this morning and ive spent the past few hours cleaning and building with a nice cold beer  ;D

to start:
resim

getting there :

resim

Finally Done ... Spot The Missing Part

resim

so what do you guys think ? its nothing on russ' meta but i really like it  Smile
You forgot the front mech and shifter! Tongue
Nice one Steve. ;D
You may get your ass kicked by the HT again, but at least you won't need a 4x4 to drag the tank up the hills Wink

And don't worry about not being as expensive/desirable as Russ's Meta....  None of us are bike-snobs on here..... are we Undecided
"Treehugger" Wrote:You forgot the front mech and shifter! Tongue

correct Big Grin its on now i shall take some more pictures tomorrow as its dark ... what do you think andy ?

just for the record, the fork from the banshee was a little tad lighter then the frame and fork on the vulcan ... the vulcan feels soooo light  ;D
"impished" Wrote:Nice one Steve. ;D
You may get your ass kicked by the HT again, but at least you won't need a 4x4 to drag the tank up the hills Wink

And don't worry about not being as expensive/desirable as Russ's Meta....  None of us are bike-snobs on here..... are we Undecided

thanks ade ... was getting used to it on jons hardrock last night and i really enjoyed some sections on a hardtail more then a full sus ! cant wait to ride this thing  ;D
The missing bit appears to be the steerer tube....not even a spacer under the stem? is it long enough inside the stem at least?
"Breezer" Wrote:The missing bit appears to be the steerer tube....not even a spacer under the stem? is it long enough inside the stem at least?

tis long enough in the stem yep Big Grin comes up exactly where the old one did
It's not as good as my HR Big Grin ;D Tongue
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:It's not as good as my HR Big Grin ;D Tongue

ill race ya Wink
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:correct Big Grin its on now i shall take some more pictures tomorrow as its dark ... what do you think andy ?

just for the record, the fork from the banshee was a little tad lighter then the frame and fork on the vulcan ... the vulcan feels soooo light  ;D
Not bad, getting a sense of deja view though Tongue