This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commencal Meta 6 Build
2009 Commencal Meta 6 160mm travel front and rear.

The camera doesnt capture the green well, in real life its a brighter shiney green.

Frame
resim

Frame wrapped up in cardboard ready to drill out the gear cable stops so i can run a full outer, dont worry this is the 3rd time ive done it to a commencal frame. Its a bit scary drilling a brand new frame out.
resim
resim
resim
Dremel thanks to Mark!
resim

Chain guide an BB fitted
resim

Headset, forks, stem and handle bars fitted. Head angle set to slackest setting 67 degress.
resim
resim

Wheels on, maxle 12mm on the rear and 20mm on the front.
resim

Brakes fitted
resim
resim

Everything else!
resim

Final shots with cables tided up and frame copter tape protected.
resim  
resim

Full Spec,
2009 Commencal Meta 6
2009 Fox 36 Float R
Hope Pro2 Hubs on Mavic 719 rims, 12mm maxle rear, 20mm axle front.
Panaracer Rampage 2.35 front and rear, super tacky version on the front.
Shimano SLX Brakes with 8inch rotor front and 6 inch rear.
Shimano SLX Cranks and rings, double version with steal pedal inserts.
Shimano XT shadow rear mech, Deore front Mech, LX shifters.
Shimano SLX cassette and Sram Chain.
Superstar Nano Tech Flat Pedals
E-Thirteen DRS Chain Device and bash guard.
FSA Pig Pro DH Headset
Race Face Atlas AM Bars
Race Face Evolve AM 70mm Stem
ODI Ruffian Grips
Joplin Seat post with remote lever
Charge Spoon Saddle
:o *goes off to clean the mess he just made in his trousers* thats bloody gorgeous ... bet your chuffed to bits
looks fantastic! When your first outing on it then?
Thanks guys, Hopefully Sunday with any luck.
Hubba hubba :o

Bet Treehugger will get a Joplin next Tongue

Slimers back in town Wink
Is that the same green as Mark's old Meta?  Looks a cracking build.  I have to ask - have you kept the Rampage from Scotland??  I don't need to ask if you have replaced the inner tube though Wink  Big Grin
Very nice. How are you finding the Joplin reliability wise or is it new? I have a gravity dropper that came with my old 5 Spot which I used on that and the Inbred. I used it a lot on the Turner just dropping it an inch as I was so perched on top of the bike. I was going to get one for the Zesty but as it has the room I needed, I dont have the need to drop the post unless im playing on downhill bits etc so I manually lower it but if I find some hidden money I might still consider one. I seem to recall Pure are bringing out an updated one of theirs which is a bit heavier but I believe doesnt have the slop that Joplins suffer from if not really looked after and kept clean.
That looks fooking gorgeous!! looks way better than the standard builds with white wheels (don't ever get white wheels, they look crap) Yes Ade i would really like a Joplin, but i am mostly jelouse of the 36's at the moment... I want some soo much, but now i have some money i can't find any >Sad
Nice....   look forward to catching up soon and seeing it in the flesh....
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
Looks good mate, how long did it take to build in the end and copter tape up?

do you mind taking a photo of the linkage where the 5's broke so i can see the difference