This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycling glasses with prescription lenses?
ok after a few fast paced rides now ive decided also to add some cycling glasses to the every growing list for bike parts

but as some of you may know i was blessed cursed with glasses

i know the likes of oakley do some cycling glasses which you can insert prescription lenses into but these are priced at a mere amount of £100ish. Are there any reasonably priced cycling glasses out there with prescription lense inserts/ lenses
ok why the hell did i post this in here

ade please move this post for me Smile
Moved Smile

Hmm I'm not sure you'll find cheap prescription riding glasses - maybe some that fit over your normal glasses?  I wear contacts which give me much better peripheral vision but then my eyesight isn't too bad anyway
will have to have a look round some LBS's then and just see if there are any

i must say i did get a quote for contacts a few weeks back   Undecided but £30ish a month ontop of £30 for the gym, train fares and keeping the bike in shape, doesnt leave me a lot left ;D

cheers for moving it aswell nick
I only pay about £15 a month for my contacts but i guess you might have different requirements.

You should have gone to Specsavers Wink
i am an optician, and you should have gone to specsavers, no matter how annoying the adverts are. To be honest, if you can get some nice Oakley's then £100 is a good price, but it's still £100 you could spend on more interesting stuff, and you'd need to shell out a further £ on lenses as I'd be surprised if you can get glazed Oakleys for a ton. I'd recommend daily disposable contacts, very comfortable and easy to use, no cleaning or storing issues and 30 pairs for less than £25, only wear them for a few times a week and you're quids in and no body knows you're blind as a bat (I am allowed to say this, also being in the bat club)
Keep it foolish...
"alkali" Wrote:i am an optician, and you should have gone to specsavers, no matter how annoying the adverts are. To be honest, if you can get some nice Oakley's then £100 is a good price, but it's still £100 you could spend on more interesting stuff, and you'd need to shell out a further £ on lenses as I'd be surprised if you can get glazed Oakleys for a ton. I'd recommend daily disposable contacts, very comfortable and easy to use, no cleaning or storing issues and 30 pairs for less than £25, only wear them for a few times a week and you're quids in and no body knows you're blind as a bat (I am allowed to say this, also being in the bat club)

can you pay by cash then, i asked in boots and was told i would have to set up a direct debit, i mean i could cope with £25 a month and even then if i feel short one month its the case of just wearing my glasses for a month,

i assume that as a contact lense sits in the eye i would just need a pair of normal cycling glasses ?
"pittgoat" Wrote:I only pay about £15 a month for my contacts but i guess you might have different requirements.

You should have gone to Specsavers Wink

im going to have to quiz them then

only problem i can see is that when i take my glasses off my eyes do 'squint' a bit,

as your the eye expert giantalkali  Wink will a slight squint cause any problems?
Go to your local branch Steve - they should be able to advise you
i was planning to anyway Wink

cheers for the advice guys