This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cycling with significant other
I took the GF out for a ride today and 5 minutes into this she states ' what possible enjoyment do yuo get from cycling' , this was nothing she tried an energy gel, took one mouthful screwed up her face and announced it tastes like 'gentlemans lotion'.  Anyone else had similar problems??  I quite enjoyed my self though!
;D

My girlfriend is mental on a bike. The first time I rode with her she did a nasty drop off (or roll off...not literaly a drop) which i struggled with, crashed into a tree at the bottom. Then climbed said tree and took an hour to work out how to climb down again.
Girlfriend?
I went out for a ride up at Blean with my bird. She rode my jump bike as it has a small frame and feels 'easy' to ride while I used my old hardtail carrera. We saw Ade as we entered the carpark, he was covered head to toe in mud and had an insane grin which can only mean 'I've been out playing and thoroughly enjoying myself'. Sadly she was not really up for the mud and, as it started to rain as we left the carpark we achieved approx 800m before turning back, sitting dejectedly in the van and deciding to go home and eat pizza. Had I been on my own or with you guys then turning back would not have been an option, I've come out for a ride damnit!

It's best to aim for the most enjoyable time out for the pair of you, this generally means sunshine, snacks, drinks and NO MUD. Drop offs, downhill, uphill and gnarly, rooty, technical slogging is not an option. If when you get back home she calls you a pussy and says 'is that all you can do' then she has bought it on herself if the next time out it's all or nothing. Make the most of your 'hobby', and remember that, whilst it's good to share time together, it's equally important to take time out from one another.

Still, if she decides to climb a tree when she should be riding she has only herself to blame...
Keep it foolish...
I used to have a girlfriend who wasn't all that keen on "doing things" at the time i was mad into mountain biking and kiting and we used to argue like nobody's business as i would want to be at the beach or in the woods and she would want to go shopping! I eventually managed to persuade her to come and try biking. We got about 1 mile into my local loop and were just turning off into the woods off the country road. We made it about 200 hundred yards into the woods and she screamed BEE! jumped off her bike and ran screaming out the woods never to return. I had to ride both bikes out the woods and walk her home. It wasn't long after that we went our seperate ways.

My GF now loves biking, we just spent the day in the living room fixing bikes and re greasing headsets. When we ride the muddier the better and she is actually really good on a bike. She loved BBH when we went and we have done some DH centres in Devon too. As an added bonus she also loves kitesurfing and is pretty darn good at that too. As an added bonus she did the washing up too!

Wink
"Legless" Wrote:I used to have a girlfriend who wasn't all that keen on "doing things" at the time i was mad into mountain biking and kiting and we used to argue like nobody's business as i would want to be at the beach or in the woods and she would want to go shopping! I eventually managed to persuade her to come and try biking. We got about 1 mile into my local loop and were just turning off into the woods off the country road. We made it about 200 hundred yards into the woods and she screamed BEE! jumped off her bike and ran screaming out the woods never to return. I had to ride both bikes out the woods and walk her home. It wasn't long after that we went our seperate ways.

My GF now loves biking, we just spent the day in the living room fixing bikes and re greasing headsets. When we ride the muddier the better and she is actually really good on a bike. She loved BBH when we went and we have done some DH centres in Devon too. As an added bonus she also loves kitesurfing and is pretty darn good at that too. As an added bonus she did the washing up too!

Wink

Any sisters? your first gf sounds like mine.
Sadly an only child, good for inheritance though Wink
Im taking my better half out for some "proper off-road" next week.

So far, she has only had enough bottle to ride on the road and avoid anything remotly like mud.

Shes a very active/fit girl so no reason why she cannot get stuck into some MTB action! - I think the hair and nails usually usually has a major part in it.

If I can ensure she gets really muddy on her first outing, then that little "barrier" will be crossed and we can move on with biking.

If it goes well, Im gonna open my womens only bikini MTB school - something Bedge could offer seeing as there's so much wet mud to play fight learn in.
If you need instructors for your school or someone to operate the bike/rider wash then please contact me.
Thanks Breezer - I am considering expanding already into the Bikini CarWash sector, something else I could run at Bedgebury, seeing as people must have money to burn by parking on their gravel patch.

I would need someone to oversee that operation and take the £10 (£7.50 + £2.50 washing) fee.

It would mean managing about 10 girls in bikinis who happen to be very careless with their sponges....

resim

Thank god women dont wash cars like blokes.....