This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cyclopark A2 bike Park
I just stumbled across this site? Anyone else know about it?

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trithebike.co.uk/A2Park.htm">http://www.trithebike.co.uk/A2Park.htm</a><!-- m -->
Never heard of it before, but have a look here for loads of details/plans/pics, etc.  Looks interesting.   Cheers for the heads-up Ash Wink
yep! about 5 mins from me, the land used to be the old A2 so very flat, probably not gonna be great for general trail riding but the plans are to have a v good bmx race track there, a skate park and also dirt jumps etc. Will be interesting how it all pans out!
"All weather road bike circuit"

Thank god... Kent doesnt have any roads for all weather!  Tongue

Looks interesting, but quite out the way for your regular BMX/Skaters as mummy or daddy would have to drive them there.

MTB course wont be great I imagine unless someone's gonna dump some large hills on there!!  ;D
I was wondering what they were going to do with that land. As Hugh said it,s very flat so probably only good for beginners.
Any money spent in to cycling is good news for everyone, hopefully the sport will get more and more recognition
Bit more info about the A2 bike park here
HAHAHAHAHA

do you want to see any more pictures of it, I work for the architects that produced the building, I produced all of the CGIs for the project, including an animated flythrough, and that is my image on that story!!

We only just realised it had made the press....

My understanding is that there will be extensive bike paths and trails, although as previously mentioned it is pretty flat, so think XC course.

Therer will be quite a large area of bike / skate park, which is represented by the bowls in the foreground.  Really old image actually.
Very similar to what they said about fowlmead 18mil later and its still not complete. The only new thing at fowlmead is the benches outside the cabin/cafe. Although it is still the best place in the area it just does not feel complete.
I do love the singletrack in the Fowlmead woods though, was gutted not to race on it last week but at least I had the practise laps. They could make an awesome pump track there and do something with the bmx track. Few more tighter bends on the road track would be good as well to replicate road riding but overall very impressive for what was essentially waste land