This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dohhhh !
ok i had to sort my shifters out yesterday (display bit popped out for some reason) so i took it all apart.  in doing so i had to take the grips off shifters off and brakes off.  put everything back together and they all worked fine untill my ride to work...

i didnt bother to check that the brakes where set the right way round ... you can imagine what happened on my  commute to work this morning :B superman impression over the handlebars as i pulled the front brake hard thinking it was the rear one !

so whats the biggest mess up you've ever made whilst repairing/upgrading bits on your bike ?
i'm sure I've seen somebody repair their broken chain without threading it through the front mech...
Keep it foolish...
How on earth did you manage that Steve? Do they look identical on both sides so can be swapped as I know some are, im pretty sure mine look different underneath!

lol, I thought he did that delibrately, wish I had known at the time!
Not repairing the bike

but to get the bike on the roof rack i have to take the front wheel off left it leaning against the garage drove off down the street only for my wife to phone me asking if I had forgot something.
"Breezer" Wrote:How on earth did you manage that Steve? Do they look identical on both sides so can be swapped as I know some are, im pretty sure mine look different underneath!

lol, I thought he did that delibrately, wish I had known at the time!
yeh they are the same top and bottom left and right  Big Grin wondered why it was hard to get them back onto the bars by sliding them over the end  :Smile
Be careful if you ever rent a bike in Europe, America etc as their brakes are the other way round
"Breezer" Wrote:Be careful if you ever rent a bike in Europe, America etc as their brakes are the other way round

Big Grin ive got a mate from poland who has his brakes the "wrong" way around, countless times ive seen people go over the bars on it and yet i still manage to  Big Grin
"alkali" Wrote:i'm sure I've seen somebody repair their broken chain without threading it through the front mech...

It was deliberate.  You guys were slowing me up so much i needed more of a challenge so losing the ability to shift gears seemed a perfect ploy.

:B