This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drinking (Alcohol)
Fitness regime for me has really started in earnest.

Been down the pub twice recently and didnt drink on either occasion.  I was drinking Orange Juice & lemonade (much to various ribbing's from mates!)

Something that cropped up, was someone said that the calorie/sugar content of my softdrink (pint) was pretty much the same as a pint of lager or cider.

Personally I feel better for not drinking alchohol anyway, but wondering if that claim was right?

Any thoughts?
A pint of lager will contain somewhere around 200 calories, depending on which one you're drinking.

Lemonade is just over half that.  Diet lemonade is less still...

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.herbalvitality.info/articles/how-many-calories-in-wine-beer.htm">http://www.herbalvitality.info/articles ... e-beer.htm</a><!-- m -->
Real athletes get sh!t faced before and after the big day...

I have never been one for a detox, have everything in moderation is what my Gran always says, so 2 pints of lager, 2 vodkas, 2 sambucas, 2 whiskeys, and so on and so forth.

Although normally i start with 5 or 6 beers, then 5 or 6 vodkas and then get to about 3 sambucas and pass out...
i just got a bit carried away in the pub, am now drunk and trying to shake it off with fruitella... Is this gonna work? I hope so as there is a decimated pack of sweeties next to me and dribble on my shoulder... Working tomorrow too Wink
Keep it foolish...
&quot;alkali&quot; Wrote:i just got a bit carried away in the pub, am now drunk and trying to shake it off with fruitella... Is this gonna work? I hope so as there is a decimated pack of sweeties next to me and dribble on my shoulder... Working tomorrow too Wink

Thought you were going to salsa tonight Mike Wink
salsa my arse. That's my girlfriend, she's been trying to get me to salsa for a year or so, but its always on a climbing night, so it has to wait. also I don;t want to go, so climbing is a good excuse...
Keep it foolish...
Lol she seemed quite insistent on the salsa.  I thought you must know her quite well judging by Del's talk of rohypnol!!   Big Grin

Climbing is a good excuse.  My usual excuse for not going to salsa is football, followed by pub, followed by "no - i don't want to go to salsa".  And still people ask me!
Im officially stopping drinking after tomorrow - My alcohol consumption has actually gone up as Ive joined the local darts team - not good.

Got a big party to attend tomorrow night, then my drinking schedule is fairly empty - its costing a fortune at £3 a pint now anyway!

My next scheduled drink will be in JUNE when my missus is 30 - other than that, lets see how I get on!...

Place your bets......

[media width=500]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLTjL5HY9o8[/media]