This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving to the south of France
Has anyone got any recent experience of driving to the south of France? Interested in time it takes and approx toll charges. Thinking 100 euro each way but stand to be corrected

Time wise - I've seen Google's estimate but am more interested in a real experience

Would break the journey up both ways
I've done this, but not much help i'm afraid, I can't remember anything. There is a big and wicked bridge

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millau_Viaduct">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millau_Viaduct</a><!-- m -->

That's pretty cool, Millau town is quite nice too and the area is insanely picturesque.

Have a great trip
Keep it foolish...
Where abouts you going to mate? To Morzine tolls were about £150 and Les Arcs £126, fuel i believe was 2 tanks in the A6, so prob around £160-200. You don't *need* to break the journy up as if you go autoroute all the way it's a fast trip, only takes 7 hours to Morzine and i believe we made St Raphael neer to Mont Carlo once in about 9 hours. But if you want a leasurely drive it is nice to stop over, if you want some recommendations of places to stop let me know and i'll ask Dad, as it's been YEARS since we did a stop over. Novotel and Etap are the ones to go for i think.
Thanks. The stops would be part of he trip. Rugby in Clermont and Toulon, wine stops in the Rhone and Burgundy

Alps are a different direction so I guess tolls are different

I'll look further later
The tolls to Le Mans was 60ish euros there and back so 100 each way is about right I reckon.

I really don't like the french but accept their toll roads are very good.
pittgoat Wrote:Thanks. The stops would be part of he trip. Rugby in Clermont and Toulon, wine stops in the Rhone and Burgundy

Alps are a different direction so I guess tolls are different

I'll look further later
Sounds like a good trip! Have stayed in all those places before and are very nice.
Iirc Michelin has a toll guide on it's website. How accurate it is I couldn't say for sure but would give an idea.
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Well, we're booked now so I'll check out the Michelin site. Probably a good restaurant or two on there as well Smile