This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dropper seatpost
The brief is simple: I am looking for a 27.2 mm dropper seatpost for my hardtail that is reliable and requires no or minimal maintenance. I am not world's fastest or most accomplished rider, the state of the art is probably wasted on me. Using a car analogy: a F1 or sports car is overkill, a Skoda (dull and reliable) would be perfectly fine.

Having said that, if I could affort it I would like to buy a Tesla (for the eco credentials of course), but that's another discussion.
Used Gravity dropper turbo fulfills your brief absolutely.
Yep Gravity Dropper. They are pretty much bomb proof and fullfill you're stated requirements. And i spent ages looking for 27.2 alternatives when you first asked me and found pretty much squat, apart from KS Lev's at £300 odd! Looks like they have stopped doing KS supernatural in 27.2, that would be my choice if you can find one as i prefer infinate drop. Sometimes you just want to get the saddle out of the way a bit but still able to peddle comfortably sitting down.
I've got 2 KS Dropzones, both have failed and shoot back up at full speed, one immediately and one unexpectedly. I discovered this after dropping it, hooning off down some trail and almost flying to my doom on a lip as the post was back up at full height. Pile of monkey trousers, am in the process of sending them back now so I will keep you 'posted' - I'm so funny sometimes...

Sadly not this time
Keep it foolish...