This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esher Shore
Esher shore is a bike park in Surrey with a small dirt jump area and then a much larger area of "North Shore" raised wooden riding structures

http://www.eshershore.com/shore_park.htm

It currently costs £20 to join as a member which includes the first days riding then any subsquent trips are £5 a time. There has to be another person with you for safety reasons ie you cannot be the only person in there.

The runs start from a moderate level up to quite insane. If you can ride the first couple at Bedgebury you should be ok on their first few Blue runs although they do have some tricky bits and some of them are uphill which I wasn't expecting and added to the challenge. Then it moves onto the Red runs and the problem was only one of them did not have any gap in. If you are a little girl like me you cannot jump small gaps you are then limited a bit. There was one long run which I could do which was awesome however, with the big banked corner shown below into a small jump. They were also rebuilding one that I could have done and another was closed waiting work which had some jumps but without gaps so would have been perfect for practising on.

As there was only us 3 there and 2 others, it meant I could lift the bike onto other ones after gaps/jumps and ride part of them which was good including one that flew you down some steps really quickly then up on this wall ride which I liked! It also meant you could avoid the uphill bits of others heh.

There was also a downhill "pump" track which was fun except one corner that went too violently uphill and none of us could get right. All in all, it was a good day out and really tiring due to the intensity, uphill bits and walking back up etc. Some of the gaps I know I could have done but ive never been able to jump, its a physcological issue as all I can imagine is my rear wheel dropping and total carnage. It doesnt help that I cant bunny hop with flats. If I had spd's on and there had been water either side I would have done a few more of them!

To ride there you need a helmet, full finger gloves, knee and shin pads and I wore elbow pads as well. If I can somehow start jumping a bit which I might with some planned trips to Penshurst, I will go back as those other 2 runs should be open then as well.

To summarise: Great day out and would be brilliant if you can do jumps/gaps/drops to a reasonable degree

This is also the site of Freeborn bikes who import Ellsworths, Devincis etc and at one point I was actually stroking an Ephihany in the shop  :B

resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
Looks nicely done and well maintained.  Not really my kind of thing but would be fun for a blast and something a bit different
Excellent

http://dirtmountainbike.com/news/esher-s...-news.html
"Breezer" Wrote:Excellent

http://dirtmountainbike.com/news/esher-s...-news.html

Looks wicked. I'd love to get up there one day. Just need to right bike for it!
Your bike is fine for it, I went on a 18" hard tail last time! Plus you can jump so could do a lot more of the runs which I couldnt do.
Can't wait for their pump track to open then I will be up there for another visit!

http://forums.dirtmag.co.uk/showthread.p...6#post5886
Ash you bike was fine, I went on my nicolai and for some of the stuff it was trying to navigate a cruise ship down a canal
Hard tail best..........
I think a 200mm fdh full sus is best Wink
lol nah would ruin it, the jumps are only a few feet at most so HT fine or a 4" like my friends in the photos perhaps. Pump track awful on a full susser as well.