This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FS: 2009 Shimano XT Front Mech
2009 Shimano XT Conventional Front Mech

* Lightweight front ATB derailleur for smooth gear changes
    * Dual Pull design for use with top or bottom cable routing
    * The regular Multi-fit band clamp assures easy and secure fit on any frame type, with adapters to suit seat tube sizes 34.9, 31.8 and 28.6 mm
    * Reinforced light weight chain guide adds rigidity and improved response
    * Wider pivot link increases torsional rigidity
    * Easy access angled adjustment screws and clamp bolt
    * Angled inner chain guide tail for increased tyre clearance
    * Designed with Mega9 compatibility for narrow 9-speed chains
    * 44 to 48 tooth outer ring compatible
    * Weight: 152 g

Used about 4 times - now found out I had the wrong front mech, had to buy another model.

£20 posted.
Can you post up a picture of the pully side? The XT i ran on the Inbred is supposed to be dual pull but dosn't seem to be compatible with my frame which is bottom pull (or i'm just stupid and can't figure it out :B) so just wondering if it's the same.
Here you go... Its is defintily top and bottom pull compatible.

resim
resim
resim

Still a bit grubby from BBH as it went straight to LBS afterwards, will clean up to show it is brand spanking new.
Wow that was quick! So on a bottom pull frame dose the cable go straight in from the bottom, and top pull goes round the arm and through the bottom too, if that makes any sense :B
Top pull goes straight to the screw fixture - doesnt pass GO or collect £200.

Bottom pull goes through the channel and 2 nodules (see picture 1) just above the left hand siver bolt, around then into the screw fixture.

So essentially, the reverse of what you are thinking.
This may help side on view.....

resim
Ok cheers mate. I'll have another look at mine to see if i can do the same with that, if not i'll buy yours.
Sorry Ben, mine is dual pull. I can't use top swing mech's anyway as the suspension linkage is in the way. Good luck with the sale.