This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding music files??
I am very confused! Trying to get an album onto my phone which i can play via itunes, but i can't actually find the folder containing the files. If i click on "get info" in itunes it tells me the folder is located at- my documents and settings-owner-my documents-my music-itunes music, but even when i search for artist and album in all drives and folders it comes up with nothing. It must be in there somewhere, otherwise i wouldn't be able to play it in itunes! Anyone know what is going on Undecided

Oh and i have tried burning onto a cdr but apparently all my blank cd's are not blank according to itunes Undecided Undecided
"Treehugger" Wrote:I am very confused! Trying to get an album onto my phone which i can play via itunes, but i can't actually find the folder containing the files. If i click on "get info" in itunes it tells me the folder is located at- my documents and settings-owner-my documents-my music-itunes music, but even when i search for artist and album in all drives and folders it comes up with nothing. It must be in there somewhere, otherwise i wouldn't be able to play it in itunes! Anyone know what is going on Undecided

Oh and i have tried burning onto a cdr but apparently all my blank cd's are not blank according to itunes Undecided Undecided

you tried navigating to where it tells you it is and then copy and pasting it over to the phone ?

blank cd problem maybe caused by the disc drive, seen it a few times but never been able to solve it short of swapping out the drive
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:you tried navigating to where it tells you it is and then copy and pasting it over to the phone ?

blank cd problem maybe caused by the disc drive, seen it a few times but never been able to solve it short of swapping out the drive
Sorted, thanks mate. Typed the whole thing in manually and found it. Strange thin is though they were all mp4 files, despite downloading the album from the itunes store Undecided  Whatever, it plays on my phone so i don't give a toss.
"Treehugger" Wrote:Sorted, thanks mate. Typed the whole thing in manually and found it. Strange thin is though they were all mp4 files, despite downloading the album from the itunes store Undecided  Whatever, it plays on my phone so i don't give a toss.
m4a/mp4 is iTunes normal format i do believe ... although there was talk about them dumping the m4a format due to the removal of the anti piracy crap ... think that they realized if someone wants free music there are plenty ways to get it ! i do believe it happened in america and not here