This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fork question...
Hi all, I have a quick question. I bought a new bike back in March, it has 140mm Fox Float 32 FIT Performance 27.5 CTD Forks on it. Since I've had it though there's always been a fair bit of oil on the stanchions. I thought at first it was just because it was a new bike and there was plenty of oil in the seals etc. however it's still like it now several months on. I've posted a picture up of how it looked after the last ride out and I just wondered what your thoughts are... The bike has been back to Evans a couple of times now with a few separate niggles and they've never mentioned it, I've not mentioned it to them (because I never really paid any attention until now). Before I go back in with another problem I just thought I'd get consensus from some fellow riders.

Thanks.

From a quick look at pic, it looks mainly to me like just plane old mud? (Always hard to tell from photos) Does look a tad oily but with new forks or just serviced the lowers you do get a bit of oil coming through. Is it like this on both stantions or more on the side you've shown? Also do you spay fork juice or any other lube on the stations pre ride?
Thing to look at is if the seal is tight in the lower leg and it's not rolled over on the station meaning there's not a proper seal there, letting the oil get through.
Hope this make at least a little sense?