This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frame taping
Can anyone recommend somewhere that will tape a frame for me? Invisiframe are too busy to take on a custom job. Failing that a recommendation on which frame tape is easiest to work with would be great

Really don't want to do it myself if I can avoid it though
I found the Biketart tape quite easy to work with using the wet method; peel the backing off and dip in warm water with a drop of washing up liquid then apply to frame. You can then move it into position easier and smooth down with a cloth.

It can be a bit time consuming and you have to remember which way round you're cutting shapes so you don't end up with negatives :oops:
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Thanks. I've done if before but it's time I don't really have at the moment, hence wanting to get it done professionally

Looks like I might not be in luck
I've used several different tapes & the biketart one is the easiest I've used. Others are too think & just refuse to form around the frame, some are vice versa & way too thin
OK I phoned Biketart and it looks like they'll do it for about £30 (presumably plus materials)

Result!
I ended up taping the frame myself. Biketart let me down a bit as the £30 one day job turned into a £130 week job. To their credit they gave me the tape at cost price to do it myself when I said I wasn't happy

It's actually quite straightforward. I used the window cleaner method rather than soapy water but after a couple of attempts I got the hang of it
Is that just a liberal spraying of window cleaner on the frame before applying?
Ride the Spiral to the end
It takes us to where no ones been
Yep. Spray the frame, the tape and your hands. Works well