This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Immobitags - BTP !
The British Transport Police are offering free immobitags to south eastern riders in the fight to lower crime, check here for more details

i can vouch that this is not a scam, i contacted the BTP before sending off the email and they ensured that it is true.  I have since then received the tag and have fitted it.  They will register the bike for you already so when you email them make sure you give a detailed description !

Now how to get it :

drop an email to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jerry.isterling@btp.pnn.police.uk">jerry.isterling@btp.pnn.police.uk</a><!-- e --> with the topic as "Free immobtags" state you have been pointed to this email address as you have a bike without a immobitag.  Also include your name, address, mobile number, email, and make and model number of your bike.   As the bike is registered by them if you have an upgraded bike include lits of upgrades)

Lastly i do not take responsibility if it goes t*ts up, Apply off YOUR OWN BACK
i have received my tag and its on the BTP website so is unlikely a scam

EDIT : Made more tidy
Great call Steve - i'll be in touch with them.  Thanks!
&quot;pittgoat&quot; Wrote:Great call Steve - i'll be in touch with them.  Thanks!

no worries, i would of posted earlier when i first found it but wanted to wait for one to come through to check it wasent a scam !

The police will register the tag with the details you supply them so worth giving them a detailed description, they then send you the tag and an email from immobitag giving you access to the account
I'll say 1 thing about this....... BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING ??)

RFID for your pushbike....  they know where you walk, they know where you drive... now they can know where you ride....     Stay off the footpaths people
&quot;impished&quot; Wrote:I'll say 1 thing about this....... BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING ??)

RFID for your pushbike....  they know where you walk, they know where you drive... now they can know where you ride....     Stay off the footpaths people

Immobitag is a completly seperate company nothing to do with the police ade, when you report the bike as stolen through their website they alert the police force and 2nd hand market, i do believe the tag only contains your details so when the bike is recovered the chip is read and up pops your details , like having a dog or cat tagged ! but its your bike  Undecided No doubt its RFID but i think thats over reacting Tongue Big Grin
Theres an article in our local paper today that the local police stations are doing bike identity days around here soon - it does mention a "database" but not about tagging etc - I guess this is the same?

TBH : Whats the point of tagging them? - some scrote's gonna be riding around on it, or it'll end up on Ebay etc - so unless a bike can be tracked then I dont see much use for them? - thoughts?
&quot;BMJBOY&quot; Wrote:Theres an article in our local paper today that the local police stations are doing bike identity days around here soon - it does mention a "database" but not about tagging etc - I guess this is the same?

TBH : Whats the point of tagging them? - some scrote's gonna be riding around on it, or it'll end up on Ebay etc - so unless a bike can be tracked then I dont see much use for them? - thoughts?

its for on the offchance that your bike is recovered, works for lost bikes aswell ! how on earth you would lose a bike is beyond me  Undecided.  a load of bikes are actually recovered and a stupidly high number of them are never returned to there right full owner, with immobitag all your details are on that tag so it just gets scanned and your details pop up, just like microchipping your dog !

at the end of the day though they are doing it free ... well worth it if your bike is stolen and on the off chance recovered
&quot;TooYoungToKnow&quot; Wrote:at the end of the day though they are doing it free ... well worth it if your bike is stolen and on the off chance recovered

Totally agree..

But theres always that nagging in my head saying I'll never see it again if the worst happened.

I'll get it done if its free.
Well for the sake of e-mailing some guy it's more than worth it. I've sent off for 2 now.

My mate has his bike stolen once and he gave a detailed description to the cops. When I found the bike being ridden around by a local chavscum I reported it, they checked it out according to the notes he gave and thus is was returned. So if that can work then so could this, and better safe than sorry!
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Don't say I didn't warn you about RFID tags..... From "RFID Journal" Wink