This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT I-Drive XCR5
Great bike, especially for the money!
Lots of fun to ride. It's not the heaviest of bikes (it's lighter than my spesh  :o)
The model I have came with Hayes Nine's which to me are the dogs bollox!

Only downside I personally dont like is not having a rear suspension I can lock out.. But now I've learnt to deal with that so it doesn't bother me much.
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
you got any idea how much the i-drive weighs jon?
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:you got any idea how much the i-drive weighs jon?

Errm.. Nope  :B

Like I said though it's not as heavy as my spesh, and I don't find it hard to carry at all.. Will have a look online and see what I can find...
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Errm.. Nope  :B

Like I said though it's not as heavy as my spesh, and I don't find it hard to carry at all.. Will have a look online and see what I can find...

ok cheers
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:ok cheers

Near on 34lbs apparently  :o
Not sure on what model that is though.. Doesn;t feel that heavy to me... I would say mine is about 32 at an absolute max!
- In comparison to honey, which as you well know.. I have alot of.
"Papa Smurf" Wrote:Near on 34lbs apparently  :o
Not sure on what model that is though.. Doesn;t feel that heavy to me... I would say mine is about 32 at an absolute max!
- In comparison to honey, which as you well know.. I have alot of.

:o when i rode it it seemed so light, i just wanted a base level where to set myself for the argument between full sus and hardtail, i mean the banshee or banshee x's do look quite nice but at 20kg  Undecided and all that extra money Big Grin
27lbs here for the Turner and thats a large frame  Tongue  but then my Inbred is 30 ish and is fine to ride.

Most weights in mags and manufacturers sites are for their medium models and without pedals which can add almost another lb as well. It doesnt matter if a FS bike is a bit heavier as long as it pedals ok without too much bobbing etc. Wheels are the best place to lose weight as its unsprung weight etc so bear that in mind if a bike is heavy on paper, some decent wheels could transform it
"Breezer" Wrote:27lbs here for the Turner and thats a large frame  Tongue  but then my Inbred is 30 ish and is fine to ride.

Most weights in mags and manufacturers sites are for their medium models and without pedals which can add almost another lb as well. It doesnt matter if a FS bike is a bit heavier as long as it pedals ok without too much bobbing etc. Wheels are the best place to lose weight as its unsprung weight etc so bear that in mind if a bike is heavy on paper, some decent wheels could transform it

yeh on the standard banshee they have the same wheels which came with the vulcan, the banshee x has the same wheels ive got right now
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote::o when i rode it it seemed so light, i just wanted a base level where to set myself for the argument between full sus and hardtail, i mean the banshee or banshee x's do look quite nice but at 20kg  Undecided and all that extra money Big Grin

It does ride beautifully off road that's for sure, even with the high rollers on.. But on road with the high rollers.. Now that's just a bloody slog! With other tyres its fine, and when I had to use it for work it was perfect.. Found it easier and quicker to get up the hills too with the forks set at 85-100mm