This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
Needs some help guys please,

1) I need to remove my grips to put the new brake levers i have on but one of the lock on bolts is rounded off and very tight? ideas on removing it? i dont have a drill, ive tried hammering a larger peice into it.

2) Has anyone ever shortened Shimano brake hoses? ive got the new olives but im after some tips so i dont need to rebleed them. The hoses are currently long enough for a tandem.

Thanks
Hmm could try and hammer in a slightly larger allen key ie 0.5mm bigger but that would be tricky holding it etc. Only other suggestion is cutting the bolt through the middle ie where the gap in the clamp is, junior hacksaw should do it as they are probably only soft ally

Can't help on the brakes
go neanderthal on it's ass, get a fat flat head screwdriver and, ignoring the bolt altogether, place it against the edge of the end cap. Parallel with the bars. Give it a gentle tap all round the circumference, that might shift it. once it is off you will have less pressure on the locking allen key and might be able to free it up.
Keep it foolish...
Russ

Hack saw the lock on off very carefully and put new ones on...

As for the brakes i know you are meant to be able to shorten the hoses without bleeding them but i'd always bleed them to make sure the set up was spot on anyway..
Mei securis turpe meus vox<br />            
I've got a spare locking end if you need one having got the old one off, can bring it today if u change ur mind
Keep it foolish...
Get youself down screwfix and get some screw removing drill bits.  They work a treat.
"i dont have a drill"  ??)
They can be used with plyers, etc...  
or chaka demus...
Keep it foolish...
lol