This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Have Moved
Urgghhh what a mission it was yesterday, 1 van and 3 of us to get all of our shit in.

Still need to setup broadband there and sort out all the utility crap. Im unpacked and all setlled in my room, my bike hasnt taken place in its allocated slot in the dining room but that will come, also still got to move all my kitesurf gear in.

Anybody have any engenious ideas about how to get a 7ft 3 seater sofa through a 6,8 door. No matter how hard we treid or what angle it wouldnt go through, so were going to take it apart. My mates (hes a carpenter) chain saw was going to come out and play at one point when we got it stuck in door frame. The 2 seater went in fine!

Oh yeah another major point is the boiler packed up last night and blew a circuit breaker. So it was bloody freezing last night.

At 26 it was about bloody time though.

Russ
Well done Russ glad all went fine (in the end).

ON a related note my Boiler packed up as well last night..............
Nice one Russ - glad you're in OK Smile

When we moved in here we didn't measure the sofa so had to remove the door frame to get the bloody thing in!!  :o  If thats not an option are there any windows you can take out?

Looking forward to a ride soon then we can all pile back to yours for housewarmng tea and cakes Wink
"pittgoat" Wrote:Nice one Russ - glad you're in OK Smile

When we moved in here we didn't measure the sofa so had to remove the door frame to get the bloody thing in!!  :o  If thats not an option are there any windows you can take out?

Looking forward to a ride soon then we can all pile back to yours for housewarmng tea and cakes Wink

please excuse nicks obvious lapse in manliness Wink

i joke i joke

good to hear everything went ok, i've managed to lodge a sofa in a door frame before  :o wasent the simplist thing to get unstuck Undecided
Nothing wrong with tea and cakes at my age Steve  ;D  Well actually it'd be coffee and cakes for me, but its a very civilised way to spend a few hours in the afternoon  Tongue
Big Grin i didnt say there is anything wrong with them

just tea and cake at a house warming party well.., i need not say much more Wink
Were going to be havng a house warming party which your all be invited to.

Back at parents now eating there food.
I'm very jelouse Russ, at 31 it is DEFINATELY about time i moved out, but i just can't afford to on my own :Smile I actually moved in with a couple of mates i worked with in Mc Donald's, but about a month after i moved in the bloody landlord decided he wanted to turn the 2 flats back into one house again and we got evicted! 2 of them bought a house and the other 2 went back to their parents, so i have been stuck back here ever since :B

How much too wide is the sofa? Removing the door and frame is a pretty easy process, so if that'll work it would probably be easier than dismantling the sofa.

Spooky coincidence about the boilers, you all must have been freeking freezing last night!! I hope the landlord is paying to get yours fixed Russ, they arntcheap!
Right they found the fault with the boiler, there is a short in the electrics and it should be fixed by wednesday hopefully. My mate as i said is a carpenter and he said as its a pvc door removing the frame is not and easy process, if it had been wood he would have been right on it. Think hes going to take the sofa apart sometime and we will get it in.

Urghhh today i have:

Sorted Contents insurance, went for M&S as they are the best with my bike on the policy.
Changed address on: Car insurance, driving license, phone bill, Bank and work
Sorted out Residental Parking permit.
Researched refuse collection dates

Welcome to responsibility lol
Ah i just assumed it was a wooden door.  Silly me!

Welcome to responsibility!  You should try buying a place - then you'll know about getting organised  ??)