This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Im Out For A While
as of now i wont be out riding for a while, headed out for a quick blast this evening... not  a good idea, come off doing stupid lil wheelies and caught my finger in the disc rotor whilst it was moving at some speed im now sitting here after being in A&E for 5 hours and the outcome? well ive taken most of the skin off my top half of my finger, half the nail is cracked and dislodged and ive broken it :'(

just as i fix the bike from one problem im the next problem  Sad

so that means i wont be riding for around 3-6 weeks  >Sad so no NDW no BBH no nothing  Sad

i know its not as bad as blacker's impressive list but im pretty pissed off right now  :Smile
Dont be such a wuss! lack of skin, dislodged nail.. Pah!

Only joking, make sure you let the break heal though before you start over doing it. I find it quite hard now as I can't squeeze my back brake hardly any with my breakages. You don't want that..

Oh and SILLY BOY! (I've done the same thing myself, but not as bad)
My riding is more up and down than the damn area I live in! And the tart's knickers who lives next door - Combined!  :o
Youve broken your nail or your finger?!!?  Tongue

If it was your nail, I would tut and wonder what all the fuss was about like when my missus does it.

If its your finger, then I hope it mends soon - pretty hard going to get it caught in a rotor from a wheelie! - I hope you had gloves on(?)
resim
Steve In A&E Last Night : Broken Nails Are Not Clever
Are you impressed by the level of sympathy & compassion aimed at you Tongue

Oh, and any pics? :X
Big Grin at that picture

the top part of my fingers broken, but they cant shove a cast on due to the fact that the skin needs to heal up, theres a iodine thing on it right now which is slowly turning my lower finger browny yellow and is burning like hell, on antibiotics that they know will make me vomit and have the sh*ts not looking forward to that :o

when the skin heals up, im going back out  Big Grin 3 weeks is far to long to wait  Tongue

nope i didnt have me gloves on so it hurt alot

nope no pictures ade, its in a bad enough state, just imagine skinning half your finger then breaking the nail in half and pushing one bit over the other :X, and to top it off its damaged the nail bed so im never going to have a proper nail again Sad
Can we change your forum name to "Calamity Steve"?  How the hell did you manage to do that?

Shame you'll be off the bike for a while, hope its on the mend soon!
"pittgoat" Wrote:Can we change your forum name to "Calamity Steve"?  How the hell did you manage to do that?

Shame you'll be off the bike for a while, hope its on the mend soon!

i was attempting wheelies in the evening, lent to far back and somehow shoved my finger inside the back rotor  Undecided, yeh i think calamity steve is good  Big Grin Big Grin
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:i was attempting wheelies in the evening, lent to far back and somehow shoved my finger inside the back rotor  Undecided, yeh i think calamity steve is good  Big Grin Big Grin

I seriously cannot picture how you done that, obviously you did, but that must be tricky to re-create!!

No gloves! - tut-tut, I think if given the choice Id rather wear gloves more than a helmet any day - as 9/10 your hands are hitting something before your head does.

Mind you, even if you wore fingerless it wouldnt have helped.

It'll mend soon enough - you'll be reet.
I'm no expert at wheelies but I find they are easier if I have both hands on the handlebars

Get well soon
Big Grin there was 2 hands on the bars till i fell off ... it was a pretty impressive wheelie though, longest ive ever done Tongue