This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Insomnia' Bedgebury Night Ride
British Heart Foundation Event - I found it today:

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_...ps=1000475

" Type: Bike Rides
When: Saturday 19 September 2009 - Sunday 20 September 2009

Where:  Cranbrook, Kent (TN17 2SL)

Entry Fee: £25.00 (Adult)

* * NEW FOR 2009 * *

For the first time ever, the British Heart Foundation will be hosting a 12 hour night ride!

Held in Bedgebury Forest, in Kent, this excting new ride can be ridden solo or as part of a team. It is a nine mile circuit that fully utilises the existing off-road tracks.

With camping facilities and team change over areas, this self-sufficent event truly offers both an exciting and exhilarating ride.

Whether a hard core rider or an off-road enthusiast this is about the challenge - how many laps can you complete in the allotted 12 hours?

Come and join the BHF for a 12 hour insomnia!

Remember it's your sponsorship money that saves lives."

500 Riders on the singletrack? Mmmm...... could be walking most of it then!

Who's interested?
500 rider + September weather = MUDMUDMUDMUDMUD Big Grin

The trail errosion will be EPIC.  >Sad
Yeh, I don't think it's gonna be a dry occasion!!!

It is for chariddy though, worth thinking about and it's on our doorstep
It may be for charity, but there's not a lot of common sense flying around there. It is well known how bad that place is in the wet, but now they are letting 500 riders lose all at once, they will fooking wreck the place! If we thought Brecfa was bad last year after the Trans Whales went through, that is nothing in comparison to what Bedg will be like after this.  I'v been meaning to pay another visit there, best make it before September then!
Let's say 250 bikes on the trail at any one time if teams of pairs, that's 3000 laps of cycling in 12hrs.

Any hint of moisture is gonna destroy the place in minutes!!

Could be fun then!!!
Boring Trail + Night time = Fall to Sleep
I feel asleep just reading this thread  Big Grin
Why thanks everyone, I contribute to the forum and this is the response I get......  Sad
You have even said yourself how bad it will be and you have got more response than next weekends race thread there so.... Smile
On the subject of BHF rides, i fancy having ago at this. I know others would be to.

http://www.bhf.org.uk/get_involved/take_...ps=1000331