This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knee pads... IXS FLow... sizing
Looked around a bit and think the IXS Flow knee pads would be suitable for me, reviews seem really good, saying they're comfortable, light, breathable and good for pedalling.

I don't know what size to get though. The sizing measurement question has been asked on CRC and one answer says to measure 2" above the knee and the other says to measure 3" above, which leaves me with small and medium sizes respectively.

Wondering if anyone on here uses them and could possibly advise?
Did you get these pads in the end?

I'm just considering getting knee pads for starters, and want something light, airy & comfy that'll actually work if/when needed. These were on my list too, so interested to know if you went with these or something else.
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
dubster Wrote:Did you get these pads in the end?
I'm just considering getting knee pads for starters, and want something light, airy & comfy that'll actually work if/when needed. These were on my list too, so interested to know if you went with these or something else.

Yeah I went for these in a medium and they fit fairly well but maybe a bit tight-ish on the upper grippy bit above knee. Can't really tell more than that as still haven't actually worn them properly yet. When I bought these I also bought some TLD KG500 and Dainese trail skins Knee Guards - via CRC so no problem returning those I didnt want. Can't remember exactly why but for me the IXS were the most comfortable.
Thanks matey, that's good news Smile
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn)