This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBR
Just dropped through my letterbox... comes with a free MBR buff! - nice.

Lots of Welsh writes up's too - should keep me quiet for a few hours.
I buy this most months despite the fact they cant measure bike angles right but I keep forgetting to subscribe and save myself money! Must do the same with Dirt as well. I keep their maps when I bin the mags and plan on doing a few later this year
MBR along with Dirt is the only mag i buy, MBR buff will be perfect for the winter cycling.

Ive seen the MBR guys a few times doing photo shoots in surrey hills.
Really though, a buff in the middle of summer isnt the best summer riding gift, but great for keeping the dust and flys out of your mouth.

Im a subscriber to MBR, and feel a little cheated that you dont get the freebies - this is the first one Ive ever had as a subcriber.

Wouldnt mind trying the Singletrack Magazine also.

MBUK sucks big time - aimed at teenagers by all accounts (or am I getting old?)
Singletrack is ok for some of their long ride sort of stories but half of it tends to be a bit weird, mbuk for kids, wmb is half full up of the same buying guides each month
"Breezer" Wrote:mbuk for kids, wmb is half full up of the same buying guides each month

totally agree the wording of the reviews in the back are simp,y cut and paste, but the bikes in a different order!
The american mountain bike action is not to bad, picked up the odd copy, been around forever now
"Breezer" Wrote:The american mountain bike action is not to bad, picked up the odd copy, been around forever now

I used to subscribe to MBA when they had John Tomac as a test rider, and Richard Cuningham* as there tech editor.

The man who invented the Fisher CR7, nishiki alien, and various other top end bikes.
Just picked this up, nearly had an accident when i saw the photo of the full carbon framed Zesty. Time to suscribe as you get a 2 litre mini camelbak which is what I want for the slightly longer races.

Also nosed through WMB in tescos, long article on GPS stuff which was discussed on here briefly, nice to see the proper OS Satmap model coming out on top above all the Garmins, shame they are all £300 odd and not £30 then I would replace my existing solution
"Breezer" Wrote:The american mountain bike action is not to bad, picked up the odd copy, been around forever now

The yanks have another fairly regular MTB mag, although I cant recall what its called. My brother in law gets both and we both agreed that the mags in the UK are far better*. The american mags seem scared to criticise and rarely give bikes a rating as such, which makes for some pretty sterilised journalism.

* which really doesnt say much for the american mags. God knows why I do it but I just bought MBR and WMB again. But at least I now have a scarf to see me through the coming cold period.  :Smile