This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Toys
Hi I am a geek, these are a few of my work toys
resim
Oh...... I can just imagine  the monitors you're sitting in front of with "flux capacitor" readings and suchlike....
??) what the hell do you do that involes massive dishes like that
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:??) what the hell do you do that involes massive dishes like that
YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW? Wink

Show him your internet connection speed thingy Smile
nope i dont know

i was going to photoshop up a pic of russ's face on a picture of buzz light year, and then i saw these massive freeking dishes ??) and it soon got that idea out of my head ;D
I work in Television production, the Live Satellite link part of it. When you see a live program i do the technical feed part of it. Do lots of links for BBC, ITV lots of news outside broadcast etc and my favourite job we do is the F1 coverage.
"Buzz" Wrote:I work in Television production, the Live Satellite link part of it. When you see a live program i do the technical feed part of it. Do lots of links for BBC, ITV lots of news outside broadcast etc and my favourite job we do is the F1 coverage.
oo right and there was me wondering how you paid for all the meta 5's Tongue
"impished" Wrote:Oh...... I can just imagine  the monitors you're sitting in front of with "flux capacitor" readings and suchlike....

resim

Especially for you, a screen shot of a 35mb Carrier with a signal to noise level of 20db being received of Sirius 4 at 4.8 degrees East.
Mmmm...   now that's what I'm talking 'bout   ;D
Some of my work 'toys':

resim
resim
resim
resim
resim
resim

Yep all as dull as they look!  Worth a pretty penny on eBay though...  The last one is my favourite, although i don' use it as much as i used to.  Maybe that's because i spend too much time on forums these days  ;D

P.S. brownie points for anyone who can tell me what they are