This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Star Fangled Nut Or A Expander
is it worth paying the extra £10 over a star fangled nut?

and do any of you guys use them?

cheers
I re use my old ones, bend them back to shape and jobs a good un.
I'll probably get a Head Doctor or the Chris King version when i get the new bike, as even though the headset was fitted by the shop it has started creaking already and i think it is because the star nut isn't straight. Should get it sorted under warrantee though, will find out on Tuesday.

How do you get them out then Buzz?
andy get a  one x-lite expander

about £5 cheaper then the hope hed doctors

that was the one i was going to go for if it is worth it  Smile
I love my hed doctor, adds a bit of bling to my bike too...
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:andy get a  one x-lite expander

I don't like that, means i can't keep the Chris King top cap. If i go that way i'll defo get the Chris King one i think.

Edit: It appears CK don't do anything like the Head Doctor ??) I can't find it anyway Undecided
It does not really matter if you have a hed doctor or similar or star fangled nut, personally i go for the star option, it is not massively critical if its not in straight as there is quite a bit of play in the topcap for the bolt to bolt into. unless you have a carbon steerer tube .
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:andy get a  one x-lite expander

lol they are still around lol i use to have one of these i couldnt fault it