This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tyres
Chatting to a mate yesterday about the slippy slidey rides I've been having lately round Blean & Bedgebury and was talking about getting myself some Schwalbe Nobby Nics... He said he had some spare nobbly tyres lying around at home so brought them in for me to have... They're Tioga DH's...

Never heard of em but they look up to the job... Gonna give em a go round Bedgebury this afternoon:

resim
The climbs up "Cardiac" & "Quarry" should be a good test as I've had a lot of lost traction offs on those hills lately.
Not sure if they will be any better TBH as i think they are dry downhill tyres, the DH standing for downhill. Tioga's generally aren't great IMO, the ones i had years ago were rubbish. I obviousely could be very wrong though, hope they are an improvement on what you got.
If your not having to deal with lots sticky/claggy mud (if you are the narrower Bontragger MudX or Maxxis Beavers would be better choice)these are a great buy for £20 a pair. They work great tubeless too,enabling them to be run nice and soft to give you a fighting chance with those pesky slippery winter roots .
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYGXDTTT/geax-datura-mtb-tnt-folding-tyre">http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/TYGXDTTT/ge ... lding-tyre</a><!-- m -->

resim
They were a massive improvement on the standard Bontragers which were a great summer tyre but in the mud and leaves just slid around, especially on harder climbs.

Today I flew past my mate on every slippery hill while he spun energy away. Then on some of the downhill bits I felt much more confident and my mate said he wouldn't have wanted to go any faster, yet he normally leaves me for dust.

I'm sure there's better out there, but these were free so I'll take em.