This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey guys, newbie checking in!

I'm from East London. Locally its Epping or drive to Danbury, but have been travelling further afield and tried out Bedgebury for the first time last Wedneday and hope to try more of Kent out soon Big Grin

Here is my ride all dirty from Bedgebury for you
resim

Hope to see some of you out on the trails or on a group ride sometime!
Unfortunately your be waiting a long time to meet anyone on the trails,as very few rides are posted on here.It would be better for you if you go to either kent-trails or Gravesend Grunts,both on facebook.Nice bike.
Agreed few rides are posted on here these days but welcome all the same

You might get some good advice / aimless banter if you hang around Smile
Welcome Pablo & that mean ride mate!
Does anyone post rides on the FB group, or has that gone flat?
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
Thanks for the welcome and info, Will have a look on Facebook.
If you ever want a ride round Thanet footpaths & Bridleways* I'm your man.

*nb you won't.
Pablo, look at joining London calling on facebook, they ride the Surrey hills a lot and there is better trails than anywhere else in the south east. You could join a Nirvana cycles shop ride too, Do some research and be careful if you do however.
Thanks for the info, will check out london calling too. I have been Surrey hills a few times and love it. Usually start in Peaslake and make my way over to Pitch Hill, but would like to explore the Winterfold and Hurtwood areas more, Especially Evian, but online reports seem to mention it being closed so not too sure what to expect.

Went back to Bedgebury with a pal yesterday and had a nice spin around. To top it off we attempted a ride around Mereworth woods after, but not really knowing the area all that was found was bridleways, logs and the army on exercise :roll:
Pablogt Wrote:Thanks for the info, will check out london calling too. I have been Surrey hills a few times and love it. Usually start in Peaslake and make my way over to Pitch Hill, but would like to explore the Winterfold and Hurtwood areas more, Especially Evian, but online reports seem to mention it being closed so not too sure what to expect.

Went back to Bedgebury with a pal yesterday and had a nice spin around. To top it off we attempted a ride around Mereworth woods after, but not really knowing the area all that was found was bridleways, logs and the army on exercise :roll:

Been a couple of weeks since I was at Surrey but as far as I know mile stone hops and Evian are still a no go. But secret Santa and out other way northern monkey and bronson are all going well still. Redlands seems to be have more done on it lately to.
Be good to get some sketchy rides going again, until then go for Kent trails, super nice group with mixed ability of riders that are fun to get out riding with. mean to catchup with them more myself.
Yeah I have the Kent Trails link on my desktop, and check it regularly. Sadly most of the rides have clashed with other comitments so far. Near the end of last month I think I may have been able get on the final ride on their calendar but when I clicked the link for more info it expanded in the box so it couldn't be read propperly, grr :lol:

If technical internet difficulties can be overcome I will have a ride out with them at some point!