This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O The Shame
:B:B:B
ok the manic depressive steve has now gone :B, what i thought was the wheel being shot to pieces was actually something a lot  cheaper and alot smaller.  in the rockyness of BBH i managed to lose a linkage bolt nut on the what i think is called the linkage arm?  this then when riding along was slipping and hitting the frame causing the frame shuddering THUD

the back wheel is holding up, turns out that a regrease some new bearings and a tighten up has stopped the wobble, im now hoping this will last the next month or so untill i can afford a new set  ;D
March wasnt a good month for you was it Steve... oh & I think I saw you & one other coming out of Aylesford Saturday morning (10:15ish) whilst taking my son to archery.  
"Laggingbehind" Wrote:March wasnt a good month for you was it Steve... oh & I think I saw you & one other coming out of Aylesford Saturday morning (10:15ish) whilst taking my son to archery.  

Big Grin march was a bad month yes  Undecided but i tend to freak out over the smallest thing on my bike if you havent noticed  :B

yeh that was me and jon (papa smurf) heading off to BBH to meet up with the others 8)
I'm confused, do you have a working wheel or not Undecided  There has been so many posts regarding you sodding rear hub i'v lost track Wink
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:i tend to freak out over the smallest thing on my bike if you havent noticed  :B

You and Breezer should have a PANIC thread Big Grin
"Treehugger" Wrote:I'm confused, do you have a working wheel or not Undecided  There has been so many posts regarding you sodding rear hub i'v lost track Wink

yeh i now have a working rearwheel, all i need to do now is pop into halfords and get a new linkage bolt,
Have a very good look over that frame as if you were missing a bolt and any part of the whole linkage system was moving around enough to hit the frame theres a chance you could have cracked a weld, damaged the frame, bent the linkage, buggered the shock etc. I would check any T&C with Halfords as regarding who is responsible for ensuring they are tight. There may be an initial period which they guarentee it for but probably only a month or so. Locktite doesnt always work first time, ive had rotor bolts come loose etc before
due to where it is im hoping its fine

the bolt thats missing is the one that connects to the seat stays ? (think thats the one) the top part on the rear triangle  :Smile any how, instead of staying in place under compression its slowly slipped down the frame part scraping the paint work off so im hoping that its only put minimal stress on the frame

if not im screwed  Undecided
I would remove all of them, use locktite and let it dry for a day before using again
"Breezer" Wrote:I would remove all of them, use locktite and let it dry for a day before using again

just to make sure i get it right ...

do you locktite the hole bolt and nut?
or just the nut?
or just the bolt?

Undecided