This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obscure forum threads
This came us when i was searching for something entirely unrelated.  It tickled me.  Any other obscure forum threads - biking or otherwise?

BTW Ade, Ben - you might want to check it out for advice Tongue
there once was a thread on bikeradar knocking about where someone basically posted a dating ad for himself and tried to find a biking GF :

at first i thought this was going to be a warning against sketchy members for obscure postings Big Grin
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:at first i thought this was going to be a warning against sketchy members for obscure postings Big Grin

You've already been warned about that Wink

Brilliant though - getting a gf on the internet.  Why didn't we think of it before?  Big Grin
Not just Ade and Ben, that original posters name is Daniel by the looks of it, the same as Mudmonkey who has already admitted to riding on the road ahead of the L2B. It has been bad enough up to now watching him strip every time he needs the loo due to wearing bib shorts but now it sounds like even more of his manly awfulness will be on show  Big Grin

I saw that thread Steve, excellent heh
Big Grin the kids got initiative, i mean pulling bar maids left right and centre doesnt come naturally to us all nick  Tongue so some have to branch out onto the intrawebs

another set of threads that amused me was in the crudcatcher on BR, the""enter name here" whats his/her problem ?" funniest one being "Your Mum... Whats Her Problem ?" Big Grin
"Breezer" Wrote:Not just Ade and Ben, that original posters name is Daniel by the looks of it, the same as Mudmonkey who has already admitted to riding on the road ahead of the L2B. It has been bad enough up to now watching him strip every time he needs the loo due to wearing bib shorts but now it sounds like even more of his manly awfulness will be on show  Big Grin

I saw that thread Steve, excellent heh

Chased some roadies on a TT last night... I was on a 17 mile ride, about 12 miles in... they were about 8 miles into a 10 mile TT and weren't THAT much faster than me... them on carbon TT bikes, me on my Kraken with road slicks 8)
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Chased some roadies on a TT last night... I was on a 17 mile ride, about 12 miles in... they were about 8 miles into a 10 mile TT and weren't THAT much faster than me... them on carbon TT bikes, me on my Kraken with road slicks 8)

where abouts was that mudmonkey ? as i know my dad was out on a 10 TT, carbon bike, fat balding bloke ?  Big Grin
Woodchurch road towards Shadoxhurst, part of the Q10/38 course - Wheelers TT.
The two who came past and I followed were not fat!
"MudMonkey" Wrote:Woodchurch road towards Shadoxhurst, part of the Q10/38 course - Wheelers TT.
The two who came past and I followed were not fat!

asked him about it he said that it started at great chart ?
"TooYoungToKnow" Wrote:asked him about it he said that it started at great chart ?

Yeah, A28 near the Great Chart layby (but going the other way). I've done that route... takes me way too long... at the moment.