This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quandary of the day...
Quandary:

You've been invited on a Stag-Weekend by a drinking buddy, he's not your best mate just a bloke you drink with down the pub, you get on well. Well enough to be invited on his Stag-Weekend.

The Stag-Weekend will cost quite a bit of money, for travel, B&B, Obligitory Booze and associated stripper costs.

Do you:

A: Go on the Stag Weekend, get drunk, feel ill, spend too much money and have nothing but hazy memories to show for it.

or

B: Respectfully decline and use your new found "man maths money" to pay for that new lightweight set of wheels from Merlin - The gift that keeps on giving.
Tricky. Depends how much you like drinking and going out and if you are single and like being with the ladies etc. If you are not to fussed then I would make yourself unavailable, prior comittment and buy the wheels.

If he was a close friend then I would go, just make sure you have a camera lol. Taking a photo of my friend passed out half naked on the toilet in the middle of the night when on his stag do that I arranged was priceless, especially when I emailed it to his office ROFL. I was banned by him and the soon to be wife from displaying it at the wedding though so I had to compensate by being really evil with my best mans speech and then mentioning it at the end heh. Verbal destruction was how I describe it  8)

re: wheels, they will loosen up after the first couple of rides so just go round them giving each nipple a tweak (yer baby)
I think you need the help of our resident still-got-a-social-life-expert; PittGoat to give the definitive answer to your quandary Wink
I've got 2 kids, a wife and a mortgage to make those kind of decisions for me ??)
"impished" Wrote:I think you need the help of our resident still-got-a-social-life-expert; PittGoat to give the definitive answer to your quandary Wink
I've got 2 kids, a wife and a mortgage to make those kind of decisions for me ??)

Sometimes a good lads night out is just what you need then...
Keep it foolish...
Personally i'd never pass up a stag do, but then i do enjoy a good night out.  Where is it going to be?  How much will it end up costing?

If i'd been out one night less per months since i started biking i'd have some shiny new wheels myself.  But i've had fun so no regrets!
My better half says go... but what does she know!  ??)

The guy is not my best mate, simply as I say "drinking buddy" down the pub, he wouldnt miss me not going.  If it was one of my best mates, then its a no brainer, id be there with bells on (and possibly womens clothing  Tongue)

Ive been trying to avoid drink in the search for fitness, so its a double edge feeling of guilt I have about going.

The wheels are £130ish, I would be spending WAY more going away (Bournmouth)

Money is tight for me so cant do both, infact, I cant do either - but the good god of "Man Maths" now tells me Ive got £200 to spend on biking gear if I DONT go on a stag weekend.
"BMJBOY" Wrote:My better half says go... but what does she know!  ??)

The guy is not my best mate, simply as I say "drinking buddy" down the pub, he wouldnt miss me not going.  If it was one of my best mates, then its a no brainer, id be there with bells on (and possibly womens clothing  Tongue)

Ive been trying to avoid drink in the search for fitness, so its a double edge feeling of guilt I have about going.

The wheels are £130ish, I would be spending WAY more going away (Bournmouth)

Money is tight for me so cant do both, infact, I cant do either - but the good god of "Man Maths" now tells me Ive got £200 to spend on biking gear if I DONT go on a stag weekend.

Stop trying to talk yourself into buying the wheels and go and get them  Tongue
I think you'll find that from the start of this thread, you all knew where I was going with it...

You guys really are my conscience in all things biking!

Wink

Its a no brainer to me I think, gotta be the wheels!
"BMJBOY" Wrote:I think you'll find that from the start of this thread, you all knew where I was going with it...

You guys really are my conscience in all things biking!

Wink

Its a no brainer to me I think, gotta be the wheels!

If these guys are your conscience then i'm the little devil on your shoulder saying "buy the wheels then go on the stag do anyway.  It's what credit cards are for"!!!
If I can pull a certain little deal off, then I may just do that, but my training for fitness should come first too.

My best mate's opinion was to go on the stag weekend which surpised me, but I think my mind is made up now (unless I get a fat cheque from a big customer)