This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROCKRIDER 6.3
Hi All
As i am new to mountain biking i wanted to ask if some 'pros' whether this bike is any good for me.
I am 13 and will not be doing much HARDCORE riding just riding in bedgebury and forests etc etc.

thanks for helping

SkidLidSam  ;D

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE BIKE    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/rockrider-6-3-34963775/
at around that price its going to be best to invest the money into a hardtail, what is your maximum budget ? as you said you dont do much hardcore riding so a hardtail should be fine, you will get better components on a hardtail the same price

remember the more you spend now (on the actual bike) the better the components and less will need upgrading saving you money in the long run

a good place to look is on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.paulcycles.co.uk">www.paulcycles.co.uk</a><!-- w --> - they have alot of 2008 bikes reduced in price ... if you can push your budget up a bit more then this is reviewed well

welcome to the forum btw Smile

edit : just a thought, as you are 13 you may and probally do still have alot of growing to do, bare this in mind as what could be your pride and joy one month could become a uncomfortable bike that doesnt fit you
Agreed. You'd be much better off looking at something like the Carrera Fury. Forget what everyone says about them being halfords specials, they have a very good frame and for the money you won't get a better spech.

Welcome to the madhouse Smile
&quot;TooYoungToKnow&quot; Wrote:at around that price its going to be best to invest the money into a hardtail, what is your maximum budget ? as you said you dont do much hardcore riding so a hardtail should be fine, you will get better components on a hardtail the same price

remember the more you spend now (on the actual bike) the better the components and less will need upgrading saving you money in the long run

a good place to look is on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.paulcycles.co.uk">www.paulcycles.co.uk</a><!-- w --> - they have alot of 2008 bikes reduced in price ... if you can push your budget up a bit more then this is reviewed well

welcome to the forum btw Smile

edit : just a thought, as you are 13 you may and probally do still have alot of growing to do, bare this in mind as what could be your pride and joy one month could become a uncomfortable bike that doesnt fit you
The forks are not much better than Suntour's.... Good frame though, but much more mulla.
Thanks for the advice but i alreay own a hard tail its a 6500 it was my dads but i own that now thats a very
good hardtail just thought id try a full susser !!!!!

Cheers
Hey sam, I bought a full sus about 6months ago, the one you are considering was rated very well for its price and so was mine. However, over the last few weeks i moved back to my hardtail just for a change. The hardtail is soooo much faster (and older and less impressive and less comfortable) than the full sus. it does depend a bit on what you want to do and how much you want sus (as everyone wants full sus these days) but for your money you get more fun out of a hardtail until you spend loads (more than I can afford anyway). Welcome to the forum matey.
Keep it foolish...
&quot;Treehugger&quot; Wrote:The forks are not much better than Suntour's.... Good frame though, but much more mulla.

tis only £30 more then the rockrider andy ... i only say that as ive had bad experiences with the XCM's that come to must of the bikes around the price range .... my ones where shot within a month or 2 and certainly didnt cope at BBH

the fury has gone up to £500 now i think  :o started out being good money and  now its crazy

you wont get much full sus for £300 - £400, my banshee cost me just over £400 but thats still a heavy bike and ive spent countless amounts of money on it upgrading, wish i had listened to the lot on here really but it was a case of i want i buy  :Smile dont get me wrong i love the bike, but the forks are heavy and ive had to change the wheelset as the original ones where like cheese

why not spend a bit of money on the HT you've got, i assume its got disc brakes and the like ? new forks and wheels could completely revamp the bike and make it feel new again, for £360 you could grab a decent fork some decent wheels and still have money left
Thanks Steve but my dad only just upgraded the forks for me and they are good i think there bombers or something like that !!!!!!!!    Thanks for the advice !!!!

Sam
;D