This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverb advice please.
My new bike is almost here, it's built, tubeless converted, in the shop, gathering dust, taking up space and waiting for the PO from cycle to work to clear so I can pick it up... Really looking forward to it, and first upgrade is already planned to be a reverb...

But I'm confused.

I know I want a non stealth, 31.6mm dia, post with 125mm drop but...

How do I know if I want a post that's 380mm or 420mm long?

The bike is a Trek Fuel ex7 29er in 18½" Frame if that helps.
Your best bet is to sit on the bike, get the saddle to the correct height, if all is good - see what length the existing post is! It's probably a 380?!

380 and 420 equates to the overall seat post length when extended/up/out

420 would be for shorter seat tubes - and you have to be careful if the seat tube is bent as a 420 you might not be able to push in far enough meaning your saddle is too high!!!!!!!
Cool thanks, I've found this handy chart which helps too. My French isn't great but I think I understand what's going on now;

resim