This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rim Ding
    Well, this happened to my T130s rear wheel Sad

Typically it hit dead opposite the valve & so about 15mm from the rim joint, which has shifted as you'll see by the warped sticker & irregular gap *sobs* 
Obviously the standard rims are made of cheese and kit kat wrappers, so I'm looking to get new rims built onto the stock hubs. Any thoughts on Mavic 423 vs 729 ??

P.S. New rims will mean new spokes too as these are asymetrical, so I'm trying not to bust the bank on the rim bit as suitable spokes will be £96 Sad
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn) 
Ouch. I think I'd just get a whole new wheel as individual parts are expensive

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
I have Spank 345 rims and they have taken a beating this week, a deflating rear tyre round Coed y brennin dinging all over the place but not a mark on them after.
New wheels would be epic but chuffin spensive mate. New rim built on the stock hub will cost £80-120, assuming new spokes.
Decent set of boost wheels will set me back 300-400 which I just haven't got handy Sad
Jay Dubster.
Moved to Radstock (nr Bath) but often in Medway & up for a pootle.

2015 Whyte T130 Yari
2009 Trek 8000
2014 Boardman Team Carbon (yawn)