This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roof carrier
Hello all, this is my first post for months and I'm here to pick your brains.

Anyone have experience of buying a roof carrier for a big bike ? I now ride an XL framed 29er which is way too long for the roof carrier I used to use when I had a bike that was too small for me. I've had a quick google about but no one seems to list the length of bike the carrier will cope with. They'll usually list max weight and tube diameter, but my problem is the distance between the two axles is way too long for my standard carrier.

Any tall people out there have a similar problem ?
Did you get a new carrier in the end?

I've got a large 29er on my Atera Giro and it fits just fine. You can adjust the down tube support to be further down the wheel guide if it hangs a bit too far forward. Got it from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.roofboxshop.com">www.roofboxshop.com</a><!-- w --> if that helps.
2010 Canyon Aeroad 9.0 SL
2014 Specialized Epic Marathon